Rejected purchase attempts

KongMengThao559
Contributor
Contributor

I signed up for PayPal recently, trying to finance a new laptop I need for school. I tried using PayPal credit, with the understanding that the initial credit line would be increased if the purchase was above that limit. My purchase was rejected. I made sure my bank and phone and everything was verified and tried a couple more times. I've called Customer Service 3 times over this matter, but each time, I'm told they can't override the security system to make my purchase requests go through. I purchase a smaller item under the credit limit through PayPal checkout but with my own bank funds. I tried to purchase something smaller with PayPal credit and still nothing. I was told that no purchase attempts are being submitted to PayPal Credit and that PayPal itself is rejected those attempts from being sent to PayPal Credit. Apparently the security system is not allowing my account to make purchases with PayPal credit because my first big purchase looked suspicious. Well, it won't let me make a smaller purchase either, so what am I supposed to do to purchase with PayPal Credit now? The customer service can't override it and they can't tell me for sure how long I have to wait for the system to allow my account to use Credit again. Anybody else have this problem when opening a new account and trying to use PayPal Credit and have a way to fix the issue? Because so far, Customer Service has done nothing but tell me the different problems that could be causing the issue, but have yet to fix them...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

brian90vette
New Community Member

Yeah this just happened to me I apply for a new account to get a promotional deal through a online merchant, credit limit is way above what the purchase is but then after giving me a credit account they will not let the transaction go through because it's my initial purchase and its for a significant amount (still way below what my max is. They say I have to build history buy some small things... I already have plenty of other cards and means to make the purchase the whole purpose was to get the promotional deal. Its a total scam. If they werent going to let me make the purchase then they should have declined the credit. Now I will just close the credit account I didn't need it in the first place. VERY UNHAPPY

Login to Me Too

KongMengThao559
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah. I waited a bit like they said, made a few smaller purchases with it, but they still won't raise the credit limit like their EULA said they would if everything checked out. May close account soon if not resolved!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.