Refund or not

ElizabethR
New Community Member

I sold an Ipad which was in perfect working order when it shipped. They received it.  I received the funds.  The used it for 30 days and then decided to return it as apparently it didnt work any more.  Now Paypal has agreed to refund their money.  I disagree with this since they did not return it or file a complaint immediately.  Does this seem fair??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Need more info.  Was a PayPal dispute opened or was it a credit card chargeback? Sounds more like a chargeback if PayPal had to refund the buyer and you had no chance to facilitate a return.  Where you charged an extra $20 for chargeback fee?Card issuers decide the outcome of chargebacks.  If the card issuer sides with the buyer, PayPal is forced to refund the card issuer who credited their customer's account.

Was the dispute or chargeback reason, Item Not as Described?  PayPal does not cover chargebacks or disputes for reasons of Item Not As Described. Only unauthorized use or Item Not Received.  If it was a PayPal dispute, you would lose the dispute and ordered to accept the return regardless of your policies.  And buyers have 180 days to file a dispute so 30 days is well within the time to open one. It might not be fair but that is how the Seller Protection program works which has it's limitations.  PayPal never claimed the program is 100% coverage.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did they return the item?

if so,is it in working condition?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.