Refund issue

BobSmithLoui
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought something with a credit card on ebay recently, and I decided to return it. The return process itself went smoothly and the seller got their item back and issued me a refund and eBay closed the case. I also got an email from paypal saying I got a refund, but the problem is, there is no paypal transaction ID in the email, it is not showing up in my paypal activity feed, and no refund is pending on my CC. Anyone know why this could be?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

it may never show up,look into the original debit transaction to see if it said reversed.

why does it take so long,thats the way cc works.it is a reversal to the original entry

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

credit card refund can take up to 30 days,but usually within 7 days

Login to Me Too

BobSmithLoui
Contributor
Contributor

What I am mostly wondering is that does it take that long for it to appear in your paypal activity feed?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

it may never show up,look into the original debit transaction to see if it said reversed.

why does it take so long,thats the way cc works.it is a reversal to the original entry

Login to Me Too

bluessonny
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not surprised.  I just gave Paypal written evidence from apple technicians that I was sold a faulty iphone.  It was also sold as factory refurbished and Apple told me its not.  In spite of teh product failing after just a few months Paypal declined my refund, closed my case and left me with no channel for further dialogue.  Searching online just now it seems others may be suggesting Paypal do this habitually which is very disappointing.  All I can do now is to go to as many of these forums as possible and let folk know how paypal have chosen to operate here...  Given most people use paypal to avoid this kind of thing its very disappointing.  it seems to me like we might be all better off to just use our credit cards direct and leave paypal out of things?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.