Refund for stolen items

Lvignale
Contributor
Contributor
I had 4 packages stolen out of our mailbox last Saturday. It was confirmed with the post office. I was wondering if there is anyway I can get my money back? Or who should I ask about it? They where all purchased through Ebay. Thank you
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not likely.  You should file a theft report with the postal service and also file a local police report for theft.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if your seller has taken out insurance with third party insurer,she may be able to file a claim?

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Lvignale

@Lvignale wrote:
I had 4 packages stolen out of our mailbox last Saturday. It was confirmed with the post office. I was wondering if there is anyway I can get my money back? Or who should I ask about it? They where all purchased through Ebay. Thank you

I highlighted in red above where the answer is.  Just an FYI, last year there was a published news article that 33 Postal Workers were arrested for stealing THOUSANDS of mail and packages.   There was also an article about Porch Pirates just before Christmas last year.  Some areas are prone to this sort of criminal activity so since your P.O. confirmed it process a claim with them.  I am sure your Seller will help with support documents but other than that I think the issue rests with you. 

Login to Me Too

Lvignale
Contributor
Contributor
The post office told me I need to file with the police they can't do anything. But I don't enough about filing claims or anything about how to start.
Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Lvignale

@Lvignale wrote:
The post office told me I need to file with the police they can't do anything. But I don't enough about filing claims or anything about how to start.

I am sure it will take a lot of your time ... I've never done it either. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.