Refund applied to Ebay Gift Card that I no longer have

NICU76
New Community Member

I made a purchase on ebay using a gift card.  I threw away the now spent gift card.  When the item arrived, it didn't fit...so I returned it.  The merchant issued a refund.  When I go into my PayPal account, however, it says the refund was applied to the gift card.  Since I no longer have the gift card, I don't know the number to do a balance transfer.  Is there anyway to get the money off the card and into my paypal account without actually having the physical card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

CWilliams119
New Community Member
It's only natural to discard a gift card with zero balance. I contacted PayPal and they said to contact eBay. I spoke to someone and explained the dilemma when I was in a similar situation and this is how I found my money: I had to be on a PC. After checking out your items on eBay, proceed to check out. You'll see payment information (PayPal, Credit/debit) but ignore those and look a little further. Underneath the purchase review, you will see your gift card & balance linked to account. In my case, I had three---only one I needed, the other 2 were previous cards with very little change. When you originally redeem your card, it's saved onto your account. My refund sat there for weeks without me knowing because it was not visible on the app. I'm unsure how you would transfer it but the money is there. Hopes this kind of helps!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.