Receiving "Internal Server Error" when I try to withdraw money from my account?

serfbort
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

This morning, the funds from my very first eBay transaction finally cleared. However, whenever I try to transfer the funds from my PayPal account to my bank account, I receive an "Internal Server Error" message at the top of my screen. I have tried on numerous occassions, and from several different computers.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is PayPal undergoing some type of maintenance? Please help A.S.A.P. I need to buy groceries. I'm running low on rice 😞

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

toms31
New Community Member

7/28/2015

To Add Funds, type in:

www.paypal.com/addfunds

To Withdraw Funds

www.paypal.com/wdfunds

Login to Me Too

TxWhovian
New Community Member

Same issue on every browser. Phone app took about 5 seconds to complete the withdrawal. Wish I had thought of that hours ago!

Login to Me Too

Merciless365

I checked around and found a way to transfer stuff to and from paypal. It worked for me so here's the link, hope this helps.  http://www.paypal.com/wdfunds

Login to Me Too

SLP1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issues as well.

Login to Me Too

wdyer123
New Community Member

I had that problem this morning too!  

I was using Chrome so I switched to Internet explorer and it worked fine.

Chrome stopped Java support a couple months ago so I have had allot of issues with my other programs.

Don't know about you but I am going back to IE as of today im finished with Chrome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Cashat
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem nothing work for me !
Login to Me Too

Yaniluis
New Community Member
Hi I have same issue, i tried all options above and as well for new link and nothing. Unbelievably insane from paypal. 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
Login to Me Too

that_cat

Hey hey 

Tried as well the above options- didn't work for me. Downloaded the app but it would only give me the option to transfer to a bank account but I am not based in the US! 

Frustrated already with the situation. 

Login to Me Too

MilicaOstojic

Absolutely the same problem. I have money but I don't actually. So frustrated 😕

Login to Me Too

blueMax5

On a more technical note..
I noticed when adding the amount to withdraw money a JS error is thrown. To be exact 1 error for 1 entered digit.
That leads somehow to an AJAX call with parameter 'currencyExist: false;' if I get it right.
And this in turn leads as far I can see to a "Internal Server Error".

Basically the amount input field is protected with a regex expression which checks at time of entering amount, the validity of amount. Good security measure, because why allow a user entering letters or other illegal chars?
Also the check if a currency exists at all is very good idea 🙂 And also using a rather generic "Internal Server Error" is good security practice.

You can do the following to check if you have such a problem:
> Install Firefox extension "Firebug"
> In Firebug make sure you are at the page for withdrawing money
> Click on the little Bug icon on top
> Make sure that "Console > All" is selected
> Type in an amount in amount input field

Now - my opinion..
If you see a JS error in red about a regex problem in your console - no need to continue with any withdrawing attempts.
Please take screenshot, delete any sensitive data in screenshot and contact PayPal support. They need this information.

What is not clear to me is if this is actually a browser bug or regex needs a bit of reprogramming by PayPal devs.
In case this is a browser bug then this would explain why some users solved the problem with switching browser.

regex-flow.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.