Random holds on eBay sales funds

TheSauce05
New Community Member

I just recently started selling again on eBay. I've done it off and on for years. I'm no stranger to holds being placed on funds in PayPal, however, I am curious as to why it seems that it's done randomly. All of my sales the past month have been in electronics. Example, I made a sale for just over $300. Funds were available immediately. The next sale was just shy of $600 and was held. Makes sense, since it was a higher amount. However, today I sold 2 items. One was for about $130 and was released immediately and the next was just under $100 and is being held. What gives?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
There are a number of variables involved with how the holds occur. This could have something to do with the history of the buyers, their location, the exact product, etc. It also be that you're seeing both types of holds: some could be based on eBay rules and others could be the general PayPal holds.

In any case, just follow the procedures like ensuring shipment tracking is included in the PayPal transaction details, and if it is eBay request a positive feedback from the buyer, and the funds should be released for you pretty quickly.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.