RECIEVED PAYMENT FROM EBAY MEMBER FOR SOMETHING I WASNT SELLING

Aliveret
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone!

Just this morning I recieved a payment from an ebay user for something I wasnt even selling. Someone on ebay must have put my paypal information in for the item they were selling. I was hacked on ebay two days ago. Someone posted about 230 items for sale on my eBay page, but I resolved that in the same day and changed all of my passwords (eBay, Paypal). Anyway, I checked where this money came from and it was definitely from someone bidding on someone else's item on their account. I would like to return this money to the ebay user, but I was charged a $16.00 fee upon receiving the payment (not sure what for... some sort of Paypal or Ebay fee) so I can only return to the buyer the amount they paid minus the 16.00 (because paypal took it out of their total to me). I just need to get that fee back, so i can return the full amount the buyer paid for this item... who should i contact? Ebay or Paypal? and what will I need to do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.