Quick buyer's guide on how to SCAM the seller of virtual goods. Powered by PayPal.

Modurist
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the reason you should write in order to win:

"Buyer: The Item which was purchased never existed due to the fact that it was a virtual item, The item was never sent due to the fact the item was never a real thing and is virtual, I would like a refund, due to the fact that is was virtual."

That's it.

"PayPal: After careful consideration of the evidence provided in the case detailed
below, we have completed our investigation and decided in favor of the
buyer. Under terms of our User Agreement, we have debited the following
amount from your PayPal account as a refund to the buyer."

Pretty retarded, huh?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What is worse is you writing this out so others who are less scrupulous know how to do it to others.  If you have read about what PayPal seller protection covers, you would know that virtual/digital goods are not protected so you are selling it at your own risk.  PayPal never claim seller protection is 100% coverage, it has its limitations.  They ruled on your case according to their policy that you agreed to when you signed up.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Modurist
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker thanks for you feedback. It's unfortunate that you have 10K~ posts, since you clearly are not familiar with PayPal's policies.

I've received the funds. This was a clear 'buyer abuse' case, since it was a return client.

For anyone else in my situation, just call PayPal and provide the documentation (proof of delivery via email in my case). It should be settled within minutes.

/thread

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well, good for you.  And what you say is "not" published PayPal policy.  Doesn't always work according to some reports.  People say they would provide screenshots and what have you, no go.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.