Protecting myself against my Items being Broken?

JustinRobin1
New Community Member

I recently sent two phones out with and packaged them the same way. In a bubble mailer wrapped in packing materials to protect it, One phone made it to its destination and the other phone was broken in transit. Like what if the person just SAYS the phone is damaged and complain to paypal to refund. Or just show a picture of a damaged phone that is the same make and model as the one I sent them just to get the phone they bought for free. What proof does paypal go on that I personally sent them a damaged product and they just take my money out of my paypal and give it back to them??? I already escalated the disute to paypal and waiting to hear back with what they say.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

All can do is submit information you have.  PayPal has no way of verifying the condition of the product before you ship and PayPal has no way of verifying the packaging.  Since you already escalated to a claim, you cannot submit any more information.

PayPal will evaluate what buyer and seller submitted and determine which party to believe.

Selling phones on the internet extremely high risk for both buyer and seller as fraud and theft is rampant.

If buyer wins, buyer will be required to return product with tracking and PayPal will not refund until tracking shows delivery.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

are they shipped in one package or separate?

The worst thing anyone can use is bubble mailer,phones should be shipped in a box ,not envelopes.

Did you buy insurance,or if y ou ship USPS priority ,there is 50-100 dollars insurance included and you can file claim online and upload pictures. 

PAYPAL WILL rule in favor of the buyer and ask him to return the broken phone.

if they are shipped together and he paid you one payment,then watch out,Paypal may refund 2 while he return one phone.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Do phones have unique serial number ?

if he returned a broken phone which is not yours,it would have a different serial number.

This is called switch-a-roo.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.