Problem with friend to friend transaction

Cameroon246
New Community Member

Hello, my friend sent me some money for some tickets that i bought for him but i still have not received the funds a little more then a week later. I have sent him money in the past and it usually takes 10 minutes for it to go through. The payment says pending on his end. just wondering if i need to fix something on my end.  Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rich

Hello @Cameroon246,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal community forums for assistance. I'm sorry to hear that this payment has not yet cleared. This sounds like you received an e-check. An e-check is sent when a buyer chooses their bank to make a payment but does not have a confirmed credit or debit card on file. EChecks usually take about 3 - 6 business days to clear but can take longer depending on the bank. Please review this link to see if this accurately describes the issue: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-an-echeck-faq1082. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Antiquepapergir
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal user:  If you do a web search for friend to friend transactions, it will also discourage you from EVER doing transactions this way with anyone because it is the only online transaction that has zero protections from fraud from either PayPal or your banks.  The sending bank and your receiving bank will not protect you on either end.  I am sure you trust your friend and perhaps they did send you an e-check like the PayPal moderator suggested, but in the future, I would suggest that you never authorize this type of payment as method of payment for anything.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.