Premier Account

Witkowski
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to upgrade from personal to premier but it never gave me the choice for premier only business . How do I upgrade to premier? Do I have to close account and signup from scratch? 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Witkowski

Personal and premier merged a while ago so if you have a personal account then you have a personal / premier account and that is why you are allowed to sell using a personal / premier account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Witkowski
Contributor
Contributor

So if its a personal/premeir I can use the credit card thing too? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Witkowski

If you mean that you can accept paypal payments FUNDED via a credit card then yes.

If you mean that you can accept credit cards direct to your paypal account when the buyer does not have a paypal account then no.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Witkowski
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so in order to use the credit card reader I HAVE to have a business account? I dont have a bussines bank account as its just a side thing will it let me add my personal bank account? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Witkowski

www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/paypalhereterms-full?locale.x=en_GB

In addition to agreeing to these PayPal Here Terms, you will be required to provide certain personal and business information in order for you to register for PayPal Here. You must have a Business Account in good standing and be approved by PayPal to use PayPal Here. If you have a Personal or Premier Account (rather than a Business Account) prior to signing up for PayPal Here, you will be automatically upgraded to a Business Account as part of the application process but no charge will be made for this upgrade.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mijareze
New Community Member
I too have a paypal account, but I would like a Premiere account as well!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mijareze

There is no such thing as a premier account anymore as they merged with personal a while ago.

So now if you have a personal account then you have a personal / premier account.

Then there is a business account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

superendipulous
New Community Member

I am trying to set up an ecommerce option on my blog with WooCommerce but I need the API credentials apparently and I can only get those if I have a premier account. So since personal accounts merged with premier how do I get the API credentials to begin selling with PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.