Please help, I tried everything. Somebody spent $200 in Florida. I live in California.

kevo78
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I would like some assistance on a clearly unauthorized purchase on my account. My account consisted of gaming purchases below $20 and had shipping address in California, but a hacker seems to have gotten my account and bought a $230 jacket shipped toward Florida.

I have tried the following things...

- Replied "No" to the PayPal automated bot text message on my phone that asked if the purchase was mine. It obviously wasn't, but even after replying no, I still got charged a few days later.

- Emailed the website (Merrell) for assistance. No response.

- Filed a case dispute for an unauthorized purchase. My case got closed, saying the purchase was in line with my history (what? it obviously does not..)

- Called customer service and only got an automated bot that gave answers to common questions.

I have an Imgur link that shows proof that my shipping address is in California and somebody purchased something in Florida, if that helps. If I could get a refund or even just some help on this situation, that would be very much appreciated. My account is in the negatives by over 200 hundred dollars because of a thief.

Thank you for your time!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kevo78

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or press 0.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.