Paypal not releasing held funds on time

redtowelgames
New Community Member

So about every 4 or 5 days I end up having to call and have several funds released. Sometimes the item has been confirmed to be delivered close to two weeks prior, and still no funds. Sometimes, after these half-hour long phone calls with customer service, funds that should have been released still are not. Each time the rep tells me that my account will be passed on for manual review and that it's "really weird," that my funds are not being released automatically.

Who else has this problem?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

what do you sell and where do you sell?

how is your credit?

have you filed any dispute or someone has filed dispute against you?

are they high ticket high prone to dispute items?

where do they go?overseas?

can you tell if your buyers have filed dispute in the past?

You would not be able to find out -what form of payment did they use?

credit card or bank fund?and who is the cc issuer?

Since buyers all have positive ratings,one cannot tell if they are good buyers?  

Login to Me Too

bugzlooney
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, for small items and medium items. no disputes, account since 2008, and 80 sales with a 100% rating. PayPal continues to do this. PayPal is going to lose to a competitor in the near future if this doesn't stop.

Login to Me Too

bugzlooney
Contributor
Contributor

People are already moving to Amazon because of PaPal. they'd rather pay a little bit mor efees than deal with this. I would too if this doesn't end.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

But AMZN does not transfer fund to your bank account immediately,it is once a month?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bugzlooney wrote:

Me too, for small items and medium items. no disputes, account since 2008, and 80 sales with a 100% rating. PayPal continues to do this. PayPal is going to lose to a competitor in the near future if this doesn't stop.

Doesn't matter.  New or established account.  If PayPal risk management think you do not have enough sales history, etc, it shall elect to put your account in the funds hold regimen pursuant to PayPal User Agreement.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.