Paypal let an unverified account recieve a payment using my verified account’s email.

2jzGenesis
Contributor
Contributor
I was sent a payment and never recieved it, the sender sent me pictures of the transaction ID and receipt. It shows my verified email as the recipient but its a different persons name and says “unverified reciever” next to it. I spoke with customer support and they said its between the sender and I. Why is it my problem that they let a payment be sent to an unverified account? Is there a direct line to call that gets me straight to someone who can actually get this resolved?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why do you think you were sent a payment?  What did you receive?

Screenshots from another person are meanings and often fake.

Login to Me Too

2jzGenesis
Contributor
Contributor
It was a refund from a corporation but they sent it as a personal payment because of “how it was sent to them”. It was 90$ even and its been verified being in the other account by two Paypal customer support reps already. Its not fake, the transaction ID’s are legitimate.
Login to Me Too

2jzGenesis
Contributor
Contributor
I was even able to find and contact the person who owns the account my money was sent to and they said they never recieved it. Now who knows if they’re lying or not but there shouldn’t be a reason on why my money was sent to an u verified account. I was told by the reps that that account shouldn’t be able to recieve payments anyways yet they recieved mine.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I am confused,it is not possible to have 2 identical Paypal email addresses.

and you said Paypal has verified the transaction number and said it is a real Paypal transaction?

are you sure the email addresses are identical,yours and the recipient?

Your pAYPAL email address is your account Id,it is unique,even your ISP provider would not let two persons having the same email address,it  is not possible

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.