Paypal dispute resolution process is broken

krroller

How have other sellers dealt with this scenario.

I'm not a store or merchant.  I sell items I no longer use/need several times a year.

I sold a new phone that had never been used (it was replaced under warranty) to a buyer on Swappa.

The buyer used the item for 2+ months.  

The buyer then notified me, the item is "not as described" and places a dispute via Paypal.

Paypal ultimately makes a decision based that the item is entitled to be return for a full refund.

Upon receipt of the returned item, I see the phone being fully functional and in proper physical condition.

Paypal made a decision here without evaluating any facts or evidence.

Of course, during the dispute, I could not see the phone or have any validation of the buyer claim.

Only upon receiving the returned item could the seller then evaluate the item.

Paypal is not considering the appeal process and is closing the dispute case when the appeal process is initiated to consider facts.

How is that Paypal can make a decision here based on "hearsay evidence" rather than considering images or videos as proof of the item being exactly as described?

Clearly, I will be minimizing any future use of Paypal as a seller.  The dispute process is clearly biased towards buyers being able to readily abuse the use of "not as described" as a means to claim a refund without ever having to offer any proof.  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.