Paypal closing you case without investigating it properly

miswh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, Ive recently had a situation where Paypal crashed as I was making a payment for flight tickets.  I subsequently reloaded the website and repurchased the flights using a mastercard.  An hour later Paypal processed the original payment under a duff booking reference.  No flights were issued under this reference.  This meant I paid twice for flights but only recieved one set of tickets.  Having faith that Paypal would soon rectified the mistake, I have spent the last month on the phone trying to sort it out, submitted all the evidence, had numerous employees reassure me that I would get my money back, only to wake up to find somebody in back office has closed my case and not found in my favour.  On appeal again the case was shut down.  

So for the last month I have had an overwhelming level of stress trying to get this money back.  I have contacted the airline who agree that I have paid twice but are unable to process the refund because Paypal have blocked the refund.  I cannot tell you how disappointed I am in the service I have recieved and that a significant amount of money can just be taken and vanish into thin air, talk about stress.  I have made a complaint bit have heard nothing.  Has anyone had a similar experience and how was it resolved?

Best 

Michelle

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Kristy2
Contributor
Contributor
Best of luck to you!! They have **bleep** me out of $420, different situation but the same in that they don't investigate properly.
Login to Me Too

miswh
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you , it would not surprised me if they remove this question!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Since the case is closed, the funds are released back to the airline's PayPal account so contact them again to refund you.  Note that when a dispute is in the escalated phase, the seller has to contact PayPal customer service and request refund to the customer, can't do it within the dispute.  If the dispute is still in the first 20 days unescalated, the seller can refund within the dispute in full or partially whatever the resoltuion may be, to resolve the matter.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

miswh
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response.  I will get in touch with the airline again.  It highlights to me though the lack of "buyer protection" that Paypal offers and how inept they are at investigating and providing good customer service. 

Many thanks

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Manolo71
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same problem and Paypal have not help at all and it is right the frustration and stress when paypal dont do what is tight is too much after 6 times or more times the same case mumber is closed and submit all the documentation you can only get
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.