Paypal canceled a pending incoming payment.

Mark_K
Contributor
Contributor
Last week i sold an item on ebay for $325 USD. Shipped the next day and provided a tracking number. Today I recieved an email from paypal saying "We have just cancled a pending payment." Now service is not helping me resolve the issue and I am freaking out. Someone please help.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mark_K

In that case you should never send anything unless the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.

If it was an echeque coming INTO your paypal account then it should give you a clearance date and tell you not to ship yet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mark_K

Was it pending in your transaction history OR in your paypal balance?

Was there a clearance date?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mark_K
Contributor
Contributor
Just in my transaction history and i never saw anything about a clearence date.
Login to Me Too

thedawggg
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact thing just happened to me. I tried to contact my buyer multiple times as well but their email AND number are now disconnected. if your case is as obviously criminal as mine, report it to the FBI at IC3.gov

Login to Me Too

Mark_K
Contributor
Contributor
What would qualify it as a criminal case?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mark_K

In that case you should never send anything unless the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.

If it was an echeque coming INTO your paypal account then it should give you a clearance date and tell you not to ship yet.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mmanzella
Contributor
Contributor

The term "Payment Received" implies that you have recieved the payment.  Then the item is shipped and the "Payment Recived" can be defined as canceled?!  This is completly redculous and misleading.  I cannot even start a case as it redirects me to an error page. 

Copy of exact text:

eBay - Catrin Neumann (sebdompub1)Canceled – Payment Received
Loading transaction details for eBay - Catrin Neumann (sebdompub1)Canceled – Payment Received
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.