Paypal account limitation without any reason and falsely accusing?

zawt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello paypal users, I am really depressed about this situation..

let me explain..

Paypal has permanently limited my account, Received an email:

Please refer to: 

- Transaction 0YP68xxxxxxxxxxx

From february 19, 2017 for the amout of

GBP 190.00

Therefore your account has been permanently limited.

Per user agreement, when paypal permanently limits an account due to an acceptable use of policy violation, we may hold your funds up to 180 days. we will review your account at 30 days from this email blah blah blah....

the thing here is.. I've had no claims or disputes with the buyer of this item which is a nike shoe i've owned for 2 years and decided to sell, ZERO CLAIMS since 19th of feb and was delivered to the buyer on the 22nd of february, buyer was happy and that was it, it is now MARCH and still no problems with the buyers regarding that transaction made in february...

I had called customer services regarding this and they asked me if I had permission from nike to sell this shoe??? and that its copyright to sell nike shoes?! WHAT!! they had also said that nike will sue me for this and thats why they are limiting my acount and holding 533 pounds of mine in my paypal

So many facebook selling groups which sells nike/adidas/reebok so many other brands people own and decided to sell, since when did it become copyright to sell a shoe i've bought, used and now decided to sell?

Im so confused in what to do as customer service isn't able to explain to me how it makes sense that this transaction of the shoe made on the 19th of february made my account be permanently limited?

please if someone can help me out here 😞

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your buyer could be a Nike employee checking on counterfeit ,if they think it is ,then they report  to Paypal.

Login to Me Too

zawt
Contributor
Contributor

I understand what you're saying, but it is not a fake item plus if that was the case surely they wouldn't spend 190 pounds just to check if it was counterfeit or they would atleast open a claim to gain their money back, just doesn't add up

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What others do on Facebook groups is not relevant to your situation.

As far as Nike is concerned, your situation is unique

Where were the shoe listed?

What was the description?

What photos were with the shoes?

How can you prove they were not counterfeit?

Login to Me Too

zawt
Contributor
Contributor

of course is relavant to my situation, we all sell new/used items we have previously owned and used for that fact.. smh

why would Nike be concerned about my situation when they are not even involved and I was just falsely accused saying that I needed permission from Nike to sell what I had already purchased from the retail store, its mine once it comes out the store, I payed to own the shoe..to use it to wear it.. its mine.. its clearly the law if you want to research on google about selling second hand goods which belongs to the rightful owner who has purchase it.

shoe was listed on the jordan talk facebook group and clearly stated the name of the shoes giving credit to the right brand which was nike and the name nike gave to the certain shoe, as well as the conditions (used) 9/10 cleanable dirt marks of usual wear over a 2 year period.

photos were clear pictures of the item I sold obviously, this isn't false advertisement as the buyer was satisfied with the purchase and did not make a claim/dispute to ask for a refund as stated on my main post, had I sold something that was not shown in the picture or didn't match the description surely they would have happily opened a claim for a refund as I would have done so if I was unsatisfied with my purchase simple as that.. but this is not the case, no claims, no refunds.. nothing that says the buyer of the item was unhappy and wanted to claim their money back, pretty sure paypal would have sided with the buyer if that was the problem.

as said before, had the shoes been fake the buyer would have asked for a refund because I would of falsely advertise something that its not legit.. not the case here, No case for that fact its been bought on the 19th february, payed, shipped with trackings, delivered to the buyer on the 22nd.. Now march 29th and the buyer has not gotten back to me to open a claim against me regarding anything so I don't have to prove anything as the case isn't about selling counterfeit items but falsely informatiom about having to have permission from Nike to sell ONE pair of used shoes i've owned, ya'll are just misunderstanding this situation.

Login to Me Too

zawt
Contributor
Contributor

of course is relavant to my situation, we all sell new/used items we have previously owned and used for that fact.. smh

why would Nike be concerned about my situation when they are not even involved and I was just falsely accused saying that I needed permission from Nike to sell what I had already purchased from the retail store, its mine once it comes out the store, I payed to own the shoe..to use it to wear it.. its mine.. its clearly the law if you want to research on google about selling second hand goods which belongs to the rightful owner who has purchase it.

shoe was listed on the jordan talk facebook group and clearly stated the name of the shoes giving credit to the right brand which was nike and the name nike gave to the certain shoe, as well as the conditions (used) 9/10 cleanable dirt marks of usual wear over a 2 year period.

photos were clear pictures of the item I sold obviously, this isn't false advertisement as the buyer was satisfied with the purchase and did not make a claim/dispute to ask for a refund as stated on my main post, had I sold something that was not shown in the picture or didn't match the description surely they would have happily opened a claim for a refund as I would have done so if I was unsatisfied with my purchase simple as that.. but this is not the case, no claims, no refunds.. nothing that says the buyer of the item was unhappy and wanted to claim their money back, pretty sure paypal would have sided with the buyer if that was the problem.

as said before, had the shoes been fake the buyer would have asked for a refund because I would of falsely advertise something that its not legit.. not the case here, No case for that fact its been bought on the 19th february, payed, shipped with trackings, delivered to the buyer on the 22nd.. Now march 29th and the buyer has not gotten back to me to open a claim against me regarding anything so I don't have to prove anything as the case isn't about selling counterfeit items but falsely informatiom about having to have permission from Nike to sell ONE pair of used shoes i've owned, ya'll are just misunderstanding this situation.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not enough information is avaialble.

Best to contact PayPal customer service again and ask for a copy of the complaint by Nike.   I don't think it was a copyright issue so I think you have been given incorrect information.  If there were it problem it would be trademark, not copyright.  I don't think the PayPal agent really saw the Nike complaint.

There could also have been some specific words in your listing that caused a problem relating to trademark or to claims about the shoes.  Even so, it's not possible to speculate more without details about the complaint.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You stil dont get it,the buyer 's job is to search and report counetrfeit shoe seller,they dont complain,or return the shoes,their job is to find counterfeit shoes,their employer paythem to buy.

Just like wine taster and food editor are paid to eat and drink and report their findings.

You dont know who else meet the same fate as you,they dont tell you.

It happens all the time on Ebay -ivory,Rolex,Coach,Prada ,Tiffany,Chanel they are all over.

Back in mid 2000,TIFFANY took Ebay to court for false advertising,by allowing counterfeit TIffany items to be sold on Ebay,court rules that it is the job of the manufacturer to be vigilant in finding and taking action on fake stuff,thats why designer brand employees are all over internet,they are called VERO on Ebay,and they can pull any listing they think it is counterfeit.

So it looks like Paypal could be sued,if it faciliates counterfeit sales.

Rolex is the worse,their lawyer will send a letter and ask you to pay a fine.

Channel,Coach,Louis Vitton,Adidas,Prada,Meissen and more. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

I overlooked the concept, but it does make sense that a Nike employee would use company funds to purchase shoes just to validate counterfeit or not.  You're right, that person wouldn't file a claim against the seller, but just report to PayPal and the shop is immediately shut down without appeal.

Nike seems to be fine with reselling their shoes and they allow it as part of their marketing stategy--as long as the shoe is made by Nike.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

They usually go after those who sell new counterfeits and many of them listed ,not a seller who is selling her own used Nike ,she may not even know she has a pair of counterfeit?

sometimes VERO folks can be wrong by just looking at pictures,or not know enough,I have faux ivory items pulled because they look so good,but a knowledgible person should be able to tell it is not real ivory.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.