Paypal - No Customer Service

mrwilliams
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has no customer service, not a single response to any of my questions.

We are using Paypal and Stripe together , Stripe communicate , settle payments and do everything a payment provider should. Paypal on the other hand do not communicate and have errors throughout their website making it impossible to use.

Stripe are the new default in payments i've heard , should we just stop using Paypal? It's really really disappointing.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

TimePerfected
Contributor
Contributor

It's a free market! Use what's more convenient for you. If you are unsatisfied with PayPal and happy with their competitor Stripe, then by all means use Stripe. 

Good Luck! Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

cnhamley09
New Community Member
Me too! I have been on hold for 2 hours
Login to Me Too

mrwilliams
Contributor
Contributor

I am amazed at Paypal's lack of customer service. I've been with Stripe and Paypal now for some time and still , time and time again Paypal do the wrong thing or just ignore an issue if there is one.

Lately, Paypal cannot update basic information , tax information , it always shows error. 

So ... I email Paypal. They respond that I must call to change information.

I call Paypal today many times for hours. All customer service agents say they cannot do it and I must do it online.

Some of this information is important and tax related. I have raised an investigation with the IRS via my tax accountant and am hoping the IRS directly contact Paypal and explain why they are operating this way.

I have kept my Paypal sales record very low because I simply cannot afford to do much business with Paypal as even the smallest problem becomes a huge time waster. Yes , Stripe do not offer phone support - But they get it right. Paypal offer phone support , however from today I would say their phone support is not even based in the USA and the people answering calls really cannot help and barely understand my English.

Should we just forget about Paypal?

The most simple things like updating information becomes an entire day spent calling and emailing , with no help.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what are you trying to change?

Some information may not be modified ,hire a lawyer,most companies will respond if they receive an inquiry from lawyer

Login to Me Too

LadyVictoria77
New Community Member

Paypal has the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my life.  I have updated my address so many times, yet it' my fault that I had something shipped to the wrong address. They also refunded a known scammer.  THEY DO NOT CARE.  The customer service rep I always seem to get is incompetent and is very condescending. I ask to speak to a Supervisor and I am put on hold for an hour every single time. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.