Paypal Credit disappeared!

RaymondIII
Contributor
Contributor

I no longer have the ability to pay for anything with paypal credit, I have a credit line of 250, and I just receantly paid off my last statement to where my balance is now 0. I dont understand why I am unable to pay for anything with Paypal Credit even though I returned every penny owed to them. It no longer shows up as an option at all, not even under banks and cards on the summery page, but it shows up on the payment options page. I tested multiple places to try to purchase an item online with paypal credit and paypal credit doesnt even show up as a payment option. what exactly is going on and how do I get it back? thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Maybe the payment has not posted against your credit line yet.  

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/when-will-my-paypal-credit-payment-post-faq2844

"All payments may take up to 3-5 business days from the date they’re processed to show on your account. Please allow up to 8 days for your payment to reflect on your available credit."

All told you may have to wait up to 13 days before your credit line is fully available.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Apparently you no longer qualify.  There are many factors to consider:  credit rating, financial situation, disputes, other credit accounts, and overall risk with your account.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Maybe the payment has not posted against your credit line yet.  

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/when-will-my-paypal-credit-payment-post-faq2844

"All payments may take up to 3-5 business days from the date they’re processed to show on your account. Please allow up to 8 days for your payment to reflect on your available credit."

All told you may have to wait up to 13 days before your credit line is fully available.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RaymondIII
Contributor
Contributor

ah gotcha, thanks for the help! 

Login to Me Too

BP123
New Community Member

Why does it take up to 8 days. The money has been taken out of my back account, yet the payment in PayPal has been showing "Pending" for 3 days now. That is kind of messed up. It has already posted, PayPal already has it, so why is my PayPal credit not "visible."  Not satisfied at all!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if your credit is not available,it maynot be your credit history,it could be Paypal policy,

Login to Me Too

tonybologna1971
New Community Member

I have the same complaint that's going on in this thread. I paid my Paypal Credit balance in full last week but still after 5 business days my available credit sets at $0. It shouldn't take that long to make your credit available again. I mean it did used to be 3-5 business days to transfer money from Paypal to your bank & vice versa but in the past 2 years it's usually done in 24 hours or less unless it's a transaction done over the weekend or at night then it takes a little longer.

Why does it take so long for Paypal Credit to give you back your credit line especially if you're a valued & trusted customer & paying balances off in full in less than 6 months & in my case 1 or 2 months? That just seems not like a very good way to allow customers to use what's almost like a regular credit card anyhow plus the balance pay off in 6 months or less to avoid finance charges. This should definitely be no more than 5 business days for a Paypal Credit customer to receive their credit line back after paying it off in full for sure.

I can see completing the payment transaction taking 1-2 business days but after paying the balance in full & then have to wait that long(5+ business days) to receive the money/credit back into your Paypal Credit account is really really slow & needs to be improved and/or looked into further for better service to the customers. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.