Paypal Barring Me From Sending Money to friends and family using money in my paypal balance

DankSank
Contributor
Contributor

Getting very frusturated and irritated since it has happened multiple times in the last week, and me and family use paypal to send money around whenever each of us need it. My cousin in australia was in the need for around $130 usd, but I can't send it and I get this message.

We can’t send your payment right now. If you keep running into this issue, please contact PayPal.

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service.

Thing is this question has been asked so many times, and their hasn't been a clear concise fix for it, I understand Paypal security and things, but their needs to be a way to prove that these transactions are legitimate and not faulty, its getting on my nerves, and I tried every fix from clearning cookies and cache, to restarting computer, to receiving an invoice and none of them worked. I need an answer soon because if this continues like this, I will be forced to find a different way to pay, which I don't want to do.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, and I thank anyone who posts here with constructive advice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DankSank

If you are using funds in your paypal balance then (unlike when you fund a payment internationally with a card etc), those funds have to be in the currency that the person accepting them can receive.

So if you are sending Aussie dollars then you need to make sure your balance is in Aussie dollars AND you need to go and click on (>)icon next to the balance and mark Aussie dollars as the primary funding source for that transaction (you can change it back afterwards).

OR your cousin in Australia needs to add USD as a receiving currency (same place) BUT they would then have to convert those funds to Aussie dollars to withdraw them to their bank account and paypals conversion of currency options are pricy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DankSank

If you are using funds in your paypal balance then (unlike when you fund a payment internationally with a card etc), those funds have to be in the currency that the person accepting them can receive.

So if you are sending Aussie dollars then you need to make sure your balance is in Aussie dollars AND you need to go and click on (>)icon next to the balance and mark Aussie dollars as the primary funding source for that transaction (you can change it back afterwards).

OR your cousin in Australia needs to add USD as a receiving currency (same place) BUT they would then have to convert those funds to Aussie dollars to withdraw them to their bank account and paypals conversion of currency options are pricy.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DankSank
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Just tried doing what u just said, i still get the same error that they cannot send the payment and things, I dont know what to do.

Login to Me Too

DankSank
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Forgot to make it primary once I did the transaction went through fine, I thank you sooo much man you are a life saver

Login to Me Too

MelAnn

I am experiencing this problem and the customer service person was of NO help to me.  I am trying to send money to my son, the bank account option does not show up and she said that it is being blocked due to "security issues".  Well, it is my account, and I asked her who I could talk to in otder to fix the problem, and her response was that anyone else would tell me the same thing. They she suggested trying a different browser.  I tried, and nothing worked.  Feel like they are tring to get fees from me, as she kept telling me that it would be "better" if I used my debit card.  Nope, not going to pay fees for something that they offer for free.  Any ideas?  None of the previous suggestiong has helped. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@MelAnn wrote:

I am experiencing this problem and the customer service person was of NO help to me.  I am trying to send money to my son, the bank account option does not show up and she said that it is being blocked due to "security issues".  Well, it is my account, and I asked her who I could talk to in otder to fix the problem, and her response was that anyone else would tell me the same thing. They she suggested trying a different browser.  I tried, and nothing worked.  Feel like they are tring to get fees from me, as she kept telling me that it would be "better" if I used my debit card.  Nope, not going to pay fees for something that they offer for free.  Any ideas?  None of the previous suggestiong has helped. 

what is the name of your bank and where are you?

Login to Me Too

MelAnn

@sumiko wrote:

@MelAnn wrote:

what is the name of your bank and where are you?

Woodforest National Bank and I am in Ohio.  I have sent money from this account before, so a new problem.  

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kernowlass

question-

when she makes Aussie dollars as primary currency and she aint got no Aussie dollars in her Paypal account (only US dollars),would she be paying conversion fee of 3%?

to convert her US $ to Aussie $?

WHy not send US $ and let her cousin pay the conversion fee/

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

Yes see your point but she has already tried to send USD and it did not go through, so i am thinking that maybe her cousin does not have USD set up as a receiving currency on her paypal account so that is why i suggested the other way. One of them will have to pay those conversion fees though  Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MaryAnney007
i still can't send balance to my family... why???????
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.