Payments from other people are on hold and pending and I can't send money anymore.

BobDwign
New Community Member

Today I was selling some game accounts and the guy sent me money. I tried getting it but it said it was on hold so I told him that/. Obviously he wanted a refund as I wasn't gonna give the account until I get the money in my account so I told him I'll give him partial refund. And he agreed. I was wondering when I could recieve the money and send money to others like my friends. Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The reason why your payment is on hold is because selling game accounts are risky and prone to dispute and you cannot prove delivery with online viewable tracking from a commercial carrier.

if you dont give him the account,it would be on hold for long time,at least 21 days.

you can ship him a receipt or copy of the content with tracking,upload tracking number or print a shipping label on Paypal.

giving him a partial refund is not a solution.

avoid using Paypal if you can.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

BTW,read paypal seller protection,there is no protection for virtual goods,take a look at your Paypal payment notice,it should tell you if it is eligible for protection,if not,save the idea of sending him a receipt,you are not protected

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Whac-A-Mole,

Thank you for providing a response to @BobDwign that explains the delayed funds availability experienced by new sellers or sellers of items that have higher risk.

I want to clarify one misconception - if a seller ships something such as a receipt or copy just in order to provide tracking, that could cause problems down the road, such as limitation, perhaps even permanently.

If an item is agreed to be delivered electronically and that is what occurs, then the item has been delivered. While the timeframe for the release of the payment is not the same for digital goods as it is for items that are physically delivered, that is what is appropriate for that type of item, and that is what should be accounted for. Providing information about the delivery of something else such as a receipt or a hard copy (which wasn't what was purchased) would be misleading. It might even work, but you'd be establishing a track record of the behavior of supplying false information. I recommend doing everything on the up and up at all times and never skirt any of the policies that PayPal has.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.