Payment received but held, related transaction shows refund I didn't initiate

whatshappening9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all! I will do my best to explain this clearly, but it sounds complicated.  On August 19, I received payment for an ebay sale. The funds are being "held" and supposed to have been released today (hasn't happened). I don't know why the payment is being held, this hasn't happened to me before, but that's not even the most concerning part. When I look at the details of the transaction, it shows the info from the original transaction in one box, and then in another box labeled "Related Transaction" it shows a pending payment/refund which I did not initiate (also dated August 19). My item has been delivered, unless the buyer contacts me with a problem, I have no intention of refunding the payment. I don't understand what's happening here. Anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is Ebay transaction,so ask Ebay to release the payment if tracking shows delivered and ask what is this pending transaction is all about.

Both EBay and Paypal have tightened their policies ,so do not be surprised more transactions are b eing withheld and reviewed/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.