Payment on Hold after Successful Delivery

Blackjack_423
Contributor
Contributor

So my payment is on hold because I'm a new seller (I understand that makes sense), but the hold is for 21 days after the received the payment.

The problem arises because the item was received in the delivery 2 days ago.  The website says the tracking number is invalid but clicking the link directly through paypal leads to the USPS website with the tracking information that cofirms the item arrived at its destination on June 19th.  The payment on the other end was also done through an established business that has had (I'm assuming) numerous transactions through Paypal. 

What I want to know is if Paypal will varify the success of the transaction sooner than 21 days? To me it makes sense it could be done in a day, but I can understand processing and investigation with the countless number of transactions they handle to be done within a week.  Paypal is incurring fees for the processing of the transaction already as well. So it just feels like I'm being **bleep** for doing the shipment right, but not understanding Paypal.

Do I have to wait for the buyer to confirm again that they got the shipment?  Because part of the agreement with them was they wouldn't ship the money until they could confirm its condition. 

It maybe all on my lacking of understanding of the interface in the website as well, but that makes sense considering I'm a new seller. 

Any advice or clarification would help to alleviate my stress.  Also if more information is needed with regards to the problem let me know.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No idea which site you are saying tracking is invalid, but as long as on the PayPal site, it can be verifiable as delivered via their system, then that is good, however their ETA of confirming delivery is known to vary sometimes, especially if they determine the sale is high risk for dispute/chargeback and may extend the release time.  Then there are times where it is simply a delay of their system in confirming delivery. 

Here is more info about funds availability holds:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-payment-being-held-for-21-days-faq3236

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-payment-from-a-sale-on-ebay-on-hold-faq1377

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.