Payment Withheld

LeahW
New Community Member

I am absolutely furious.  I have been using PayPal for over 6 years in my transcription business.  I do not SELL anything or ship anything.  They have now placed a hold on the payment for the invoice I recently sent to my Canadian customer and are telling me it will take up to 21 days for me to get the money.  I am NOT a new customer.  NONE of the reason for withholding payments apply to me, as I have no disputes on this account.  

I cannot get a human being on the phone to speak to about this.  It's all been through emails that take a day for them to answer.  I tried following the instructions on their last email to me and the system says they are having "technical difficulties".  

Believe you me, if I ever get this payment out of their hands and into my account that is the end of my association with PayPal.  I am not a large business that can afford to have my funds tied up for 21 days every time I invoice this client, which I do twice a month.  My choice is either to let my client go or get out of PayPal.  Guess which option I'm going to choose?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi LeahW,

I'm very sorry to hear about the hold, and I definitely understand your frustration. When payments are put on hold, it can be related to a variety of reasons. A few are outlined here. I understand you stated these situations may not apply to you, and the best option in that case would be to speak to us over the phone. I hope we're able to get this resolved!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

audrim
Contributor
Contributor

Is there no other resolution to this other than calling???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.