Payment Not working for India Currency

ujwal
Contributor
Contributor

We have registered Indian company and the default currency set to USD.

When payment created with USD, the user can successfully pay.

But when we create payment in INR, post login of User, showing 'Something Went wrong' 

image.png

Is there anything need to specify?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ujwal

You can't use that currency, and you can only receive 'export related payments' ie you can't accept payments from residents within your own country.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ujwal
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass,

Thank you for your suggestions.

As you specified, we should initiate payment wrt of Customer credit transaction type?

For example, Customer-A and Customer-B registered in PayPal with credits type USD and INR. When we generate payment URL, we need to specify based on Customer credits (request comes from which region/country)?

If yes, it's not accurate because Customer-A may travel to other region/country and want to use his/her PayPal should fail.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

call customer service India.

Login to Me Too

ujwal
Contributor
Contributor

thank you @Whac-A-Mole

I already contact CC but they don't have technical CC in India. Only email communication is available.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

we are in USA,not familiar with India Paypal and y our goverment imposing restrictions,if you can ,find someone in India who is familiar with Paypal/

question-before an Indian merchant can export his goods,he has to produce a receipt proving he has received payment for these goods in an Indian bank,is it stil true?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.