PayPal refund fee

Vintageforever1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi- Someone bought a gold necklace from me on EBay this morning and asked me to send it to a different address because it was a gift. I've never sent my items to an unconfirmed PayPal address before so I sent the buyer a message that I was going to cancel the purchase, refund him, and he should add the address that he wanted me to ship the item to on PayPal- I would relist the necklace and he could repurchase it after that. After I refunded, I found out that that eBay account was hacked. The Ebayer contacted EBay and the listing now was removed. I was upset because it's not my fault and PayPal charged me $10.01 for refund fee. Has anyone here have the same problem? Do I have any chance to get my money back? Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Something does not sound right - when a refund is completed, the fee is also credited back you except for the $.30 - PayPal keeps that.  As this is a peer to peer community, we cannot review transaction or account details.  You may want to contact customer support for assistance.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When you issue a refund PayPal reverses all of the PayPal % transaction fees.  You net fee is only $0.30.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Something does not sound right - when a refund is completed, the fee is also credited back you except for the $.30 - PayPal keeps that.  As this is a peer to peer community, we cannot review transaction or account details.  You may want to contact customer support for assistance.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

30 cents transaction is not refundable,as it pays the network to verify the card your buyer is using.

but are you sure it is not the Ebay final value fee?

if so,then you should find it in your ebay seller account and it should be reversed.

or could it foreign exchange fluctuation?

or currency conversion fee of 3%

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.