PayPal owes me money

dotcom73
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know how to get into contact with someone that can help?  I'm about to take PayPal to court for the $340 they are holding back from me.  Someone accidentally disputed a payment on my account and they are saying the bank has not responded to them.  The payer showed me her credit card statement showing they paid the money back a month ago yet PayPal is saying her bank has not responded and it will take up to 80 days.  This is so they can hold onto the money and collect interest.  This is ILLEGAL!!!  Has anyone had this happen to them?  I am willing to start a class action lawsuit to teach this company a lesson.  Second time they have done this to me.  Anyone have Louise Pentland's email address so I can contact her directly?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did you sell something and the buyer open a dispute by mistake?

as soon as a case is open,Paypal will withhold the payment from your account until it is resolved.

go to your resolution center and find if a case has been open,and did you respond in a timely manner?

Login to Me Too

dotcom73
Contributor
Contributor

yes, it was something i sold.  i have been on the phone with them for hours over the past few months.  I contacted them right away.  I sent them numerous emails proving the purchase was legit and the buyer sent me her credit card statement showing they paid PayPal back the disputed money.  PayPal is just trying to hold on to the money illegally.

Login to Me Too

pbromley
New Community Member

A simular thing has just happened to me.
I bought an item from a seller on the 25th May and did not recieve my item.
I disputed this with paypal as i have buyer protection and i won the case. I was told by Paypal i would receive my money, that i have already been waiting over a month for as Paypal allowes the seller 10 days to respond, 3-5 working days once the case was esolved.
This was on the 17th July, its now the 25th and i still have nothing.
Who can i get in touch with as i am being held from £135 of MY OWN MONEY by Paypal!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.