PayPal Risk Control Testing for AVS/CVC2

Temp20211004G
Contributor
Contributor

Summary: PayPal API (NVP) via AngellEye PHP class

I'm hoping someone can help me wrap my brain around all this PayPal non-sense.

We have are trying to decrease the fraud attempts on our form by implementing the AVS and CVV Risk Controls for our account(s)..

With so many places to go:

Developer Manager PayPal directly Sandbox ...etc..etc Its not clear on what one really needs to do to implement this or test it.

We logged into the main PayPal account and went to Tools >> PayPal Fraud Filters .... scrolled down to bottom and enabled the AVS/CVV Risk Controls and their settings.

So far so good (insanely erroneous documentation aside).

However.. I am not clear on how one can actually TEST these AVC/CVV risk controls?

I am currently pointing to a SANDBOX end point (and not a LIVE end point) for my app/form.

How does one test if the Risk Controls for AVS/CVV are in fact working?

• form is pointed at sandbox endpoint
  • risk controls for AVS/CVV turned on in main PayPal account
  • sandbox buyer and seller accounts created
  • negative testing turned on and off

Using my sandbox SELLER account with Negative Testing turned: ON I input a dollar amount of 107.55 (per the negative testing tips to create a fail) I got a fail (which is good and expected)

If I do NOT use a sandbox account, it is allowed.

Test 1: Fake: Name, City, State, Country, ZIP, Phone and Email

Credit card: Bogus (41111...)

Dollar Amount: 107.55 (taken from negative testing documentaion)

Results: Transaction allowed.

Test 2: Sandbox account details: Name, City, State, Country, ZIP, Phone and Email

Credit card: details from sandbox credit card

Dollar Amount: 107.55 (taken from negative testing documentaion)

Results: Transaction fails.

Test 2: Sandbox account details: Name, City, State, Country, ZIP, Phone and Email

Credit card: details from sandbox credit card

Dollar Amount: 10.00

Results: Transaction allowed.

So it seems I can FORCE a fail if I use the specific negative testing value for the dollar amount.. but nothing works for the AVS or CVV testing (failing) so far?

Someone please help me get this sorted out, its killing me.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Temp20211004G
Contributor
Contributor

Can I get this moved to the most appropriate forum/section please.  (zero traffic here on top of being in the wrong place)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.