PayPal Here Card reader

Defendersv
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am self employed running a small business.  I have been looking at the Paypal card reader.  Can ayone tell me if you still have to pay the 10% that normally gets deducted when i sell something on ebay and the customer pays by paypal ( Not the ebay charge) or is it just the 2.75 % of that transaction.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal Here is essentially for in-person sales, not online sales, so it would not be relevant for eBay sales.

Login to Me Too

Defendersv
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I realise that, my question is if I charge somebody $100 and they pay via a paypal here card reader will i lose just 2.75% or will i lose 2.75% transaction fee and a further 10% paypal fee.  Will i  see $97.25 in my paypal account or $87.50 in my paypal acccount.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The simple fee PayPal fee for an IN-PERSON credit card payment with the PayPal Here reader is about 2.75%; that's all.

Where are you getting a 10% fee.

Login to Me Too

Defendersv
Contributor
Contributor

When some one pays for stuff on ebay via paypal

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Someone pays on eBay with PayPal, not with PayPal Here. 

What are you really trying to do, sell on eBay or in-person?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you sell something on Ebay,Ebay cut is 10-12% for the item and shipping,but it does not sound like you are conducting business on Ebay,so what you pay is what you and Paypal agree.Ebay has nothing to do with your transaction. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.