PayPal Fees

GrumpyGoddess
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone tell me if the PayPal fee percentage goes up depending on the price of the product? On a staging site I created a test product with a price of 50 cents (US) and purchased it myself for testing purposes. When I went into my PayPal account to refund the test money I was amazed to see that I only had 19 cents - PayPal took 31 cents out of 50! 

2017-11-29 13_15_46-Transaction details - PayPal.png

I would appreciate any explanation. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @GrumpyGoddess,

I'm sorry to hear that there is any confusion about the fees that PayPal charges. I'll be happy to clarify! PayPal charges 2.9% + $.30 for domestic payments received in the US. The reason why the fee seemed high for your $.50 test payment is because that fixed portion of $.30 represents the greater part of that small amount. To learn more about fees, please click "Fees" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @GrumpyGoddess,

I'm sorry to hear that there is any confusion about the fees that PayPal charges. I'll be happy to clarify! PayPal charges 2.9% + $.30 for domestic payments received in the US. The reason why the fee seemed high for your $.50 test payment is because that fixed portion of $.30 represents the greater part of that small amount. To learn more about fees, please click "Fees" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

GrumpyGoddess
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that explains it. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.