PP Won't refund for Voided Label?

vyudali1
Contributor
Contributor

November 25th was an awful day to print shipping labels because both the USPS website and Paypal's label creator were giving me trouble. The one made on PP kept miscalculating the weight of the package (I'd put 2oz but it'd calculate a total of 2 pounds for some reason?) and didn't notice until I'd paid. No big deal, ok . . voided the label and even filed a claim in my paranoia because that same day USPS gave me glitched labels I also had to request a refund for.

Fast forward I notice all three of these labels get some weird tracking update, updated the same day they were created, saying 'Released from US customs.' I haven't shipped anything with them, yet this update makes USPS think I did so they deny my refund. Fast forward to last week after multiple calls and getting transferred/referred to multiple people and I finally get a guy who issues me a refund for the two faulty labels I bought from USPS, informing me it was either a glitch or that duplicate labels are sometimes made and that's probably what happened. HOWEVER, Paypal has since denied me a refund as well and I know it's a result of the tracking update. I've e-mailed them and so far they've just been sending me the same copy-paste spiel on how to properly ask for a refund . .. nearly a month after the fact. Almost like they're not even looking into it, just see keywords and that's it.

Has anyone had to fight PP about a USPS label refund once it has been denied? The USPS guy on the phone who issued me a refund for the two USPS labels said it had to be handled by Paypal because it's a 3rd party purchase (and if they gave me trouble to ask for a manager . .. ) but I've been back and forthing for days with their chat and after bogus copy-paste responses someone named Yvonne finally said that it's a USPS problem?

WHO is at fault here, then? WHO do I need to contact for a refund? I know I'm going to have to fight for this but I really don't want to have to spend multiple hours on the phone with USPS if I don't have to, because to me this really does seem like something Paypal should be at least helping me with as the middle man, yet all of their reps just seem to be pushing it onto USPS despite them saying otherwise.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

USPS has your money and it is usually USPS which does the refund.

It sounds like USPS is **bleep** up as no way PAYPAL as a payment processor can update your shipping label saying it has cleared US customs>

The problem is who do you contact for this screwup and able to issue you a refund check at USPS?

TRY CAlling 1-800-USPS and ask,or have you called already?

sometimes writing to the right person works,but who is that right person or dept? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.