PAYPAL TRANSACTION DETAILS NEW FORMAT PROBLEMS!

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

Well, here we go again. For the last 12 days we have all been battling with the pains of PayPal's change in format with the Packing Slips so they are pretty much unuseable.

Now they have gone ahead & messed with the Transaction Details form. One major impact is that the customer's phone number is no longer there. Critical information to contact them if there's a question or problem. The Font is also very small (not quite as miniscule as the Packslip (still not fixed) but it's still bad.

Well, I called Business Support & I asked why they are changing things that were working fine & all I got was a lot of BS that they having to change things that were part of Ebay & so shipping & stuff related are impacted by the changes. He suggested I go into the print preview & adjust the font. I told him why should I have to do that when everything else I print is doing just fine except for PayPal stuff. Then he suggested I put in a ticket & I told him that's what I was doing. He told me he would show me how to put in a tech support ticket & I said that's your job to do, not waste more of my time when I should be trying to conduct my business, not have to deal with more PayPal problems.

Bottom line....if you are experiencing a problem with the transaction details form PLEASE CONTACT PAYPAL DIRECTLY & FILE A COMPLAINT. THEY DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT GOES ON HERE & THE ONLY WAY THEY WILL FIX THIS QUICKLY IS FOR EVERYONE WHO IS IMPACTED (that should be everyone) SHOULD CALL THEM & PUT YOUR NAME IN ON A TICKET. PERHAPS THAT WILL GET THEM TO FIX THIS SOONER RATHER THAN LATER. 

If you go into support you can generate a code to call & talk to someone.  Please do it! If you don't call & file a complaint directly with PayPal then please don't complain here when they don't resolve the problem for you!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I didn't realize there was a change so I just checked.  I like the new layout.

Phone numbers from our own ecommerce site normally are not sent to PaPal, so they were never included on the detail page.

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

It's so nice that you like the new format & have no problems with it! There are some people who do actually want customer phone numbers in case there are problems with an order. And of course, there's the small font that is hard to read but hay, each to their own. 

I also suppose that you also like the new format of the Packing Slip that is almost unreadable & missing information such as Item ID's & options for items using a drop down option list, among other changes PayPal made!  Smiley LOL

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Actually I got my logo nicely placed on the new packing list, but I generally use the packing list created with my ecommerce site; it's a much better format and includes details for the entire sale.

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

I can do that too but the PayPal packing slip has been working fine for "most" of my needs for over 15 years. This issue with the Transaction Details & the Packing slip NOT SHOWING THEIR PHONE NUMBER IS A BIG ISSUE! If there is a question or problem with an order I need a way to contact them & sometimes email just doesn't cut it. In some cases the email address turns out to be wrong that they input when they check out. So, it's essential to have a working phone number & it has been there for over 15 years...until today that is!

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

It's so comforting to know that PayPal is responsive to our needs & fixing the problems that they create.....NOT!

Here we are weeks after they got the great idea to "improve" the transaction details & packing slips only to make them practically unuseable & they have still not fixed the problem.

As of today I see absolutly not improvement on those 2 documents. Paypal's answer to the problems is to find a work around. My question to PayPal is why should we have to do more work to try to make these documents work????

I doubt PayPal reads any of this but if there is someone reading it please fix these problems that you created. There was nothing wrong with the formats before so it's hard to understand the rationale behind your actions to change them!

Here's a list of issues with the 2 documents

TRANSACTION DETAILS:

1. It no longer contains the buyers phone number
  2. the print is too small & hard to read (it used to take up 1-2 pages & now it only takes up half a page
  3. The "Options" used for drop down options on the add to cart buttons is missing
  4. It no longer shows the shipping status
  5. PayPals response to this is nothing..... 

PACKING SLIPS:

1. the print is too small & impossible to read. It used to take up a full page & now only takes up 1/2 page. Paypals work around for this is to print it in landscape mode & have it shrink to size rather than fixing the problem.
  2. it doesn't even say "Packing Slip" on it anymore.

PayPal if you do read these posts please get your act together & fix these problems & stop messing with things that are working fine!

Did you find that hard to read????  Smiley Mad

PayPal if you do read these posts please get your act together & fix these problems & stop messing with things that are working fine!

Login to Me Too

AZDesertRat
Contributor
Contributor

I feel your pain, Gourdguru!  Seriously.  It is ridiculous [and a sign of the times] the low, low level of PayPal customer support in response to customer needs.  Your comment above is clear, concise, and outlines errors in PayPal's new and "improved" software.  They (PayPal) SHOULD read the community input to find out what's bugging their customers....however, I suspect they are too busy carting those wheelbarrows full of money to their off-shore banks.

In one of my MANY complaint tickets this year, I called into PayPal and spoke with one half-way understandable CSR (representative). She said that PayPal was  re-doing their entire program so that it was smart-phone friendly; to enable owners of Smart Phones to do their sales, etc. off their smart phones.  Because we know, of course, a millenial shopping at the Gap as her undisciplined brats terrorize the store, and all the while she is conducting business on her Smart Phone is the smarter and better way to assure quality control in the e-commerce business world....

But I digress, 

Unfortunately, what this new formatting and program means is that PayPal's off-shore software writers completely DUMPED the desktop PC version.  We couldn't have the old software back if we begged for it.  PayPal just scrapped the useful, readable, longtime understandable, complete desktop PC version(?)  In favor of a pared-down, unreadable, undiscernable, low-information Smart Phone version that many of us PC and Mac users are currently struggling with.  I have called in tickets about this.  And I will continue to call in tickets about this.  

However, given the behemoth size and power of PayPal (have you ever Googled the PayPal bank in San Fran?  WoW.  What a display of glass & steel)  I am assuming that us drsktop PC users will be struggling with this lousy new program for quite some time.  My personal impression is that PayPal could care less about my difficulties with their new program.  I'm just a cell in their money-matrix  Our other option is to go to a whole different provider and boot PayPal, and their egrigiously large fees,  to the curb.  I'm limbering up my kicking leg right now.

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

I hear ya & agree 500% with you. I'm ready to give PayPal the boot. AS a PC user who will not give up my PC since I run my business & website from it, will give up PayPal far before I give up my PC. 

Yeah, I'm a little tired of having to go out of my way to avoid those millenial's who ignore their kids while they have their nose glued to their smart phone & oh, yes, I forgot the part where they walk right into me because they were otherwise pre-occupied texting rather than watching where they are going. I just stop now & wait for them to walk into me or my shopping cart so that they might think twice about what they are doing...gosh, I know that's too much to ask for. 

My goal right now is to survive PayPal's  **bleep** up's long enough for me to find another company to deal with. You are so right....they are lining their pockets, hiring incompetent engineers designing these rediculous formats & making our lives miserable. I guess there's just not enough people fed up with them to make a dent in their very deep bank accounts so they don't care. 

The responses I've been getting from them regarding some of these problems is that I should do things to my website, the PayPal buttons, etc so that the missing information will show up. Hey folks, it's not my fault all this is happening, don't dump it in my lap...do your **bleep** job!  All that missing information wasn't missing before you started messing with things!

Login to Me Too

AZDesertRat
Contributor
Contributor

The new format is minimal and PayPal's software writers pared down the amount of information that is put on the packing slip and ESPECIALLY the summary report.   Currently, as of Nov. 2017, when I view my summary report which shows a list of recent customers, THE NEW FORMAT HAS NO INDICATOR THAT THE ITEM WAS SHIPPED OR THE ORDER FULFILLED.  THAT is Lame on the part of PayPal.  I pretty much dislike everything about the new formatting!  From the super-uber-skinny, pale and unreadable FONT  Smiley Mad to the level of information that is currently available to the seller on the summary report.

And the real insult is:  PayPal raised their fees for this customer abuse!

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

Well, yesterday I had an order & I issued a partial refund. In the past the transaction detail form showed the Net after the refund so it was easy for me to compare that the calculation with my accounting software jived with the transaction details. 

Well, without the data I had to manually calculate to make sure both jived. I discovered there was still the option of using the old format so I pulled that up & that saved me the extra work. 

I did call PayPal & filed another complaint & told them that if this keeps up they are going to lose their "bread & butter", the sellers. The Customer Service rep agreed & said they have had a lot of complaints with all the formatting changes. I told her that I was at the point of finding another company to deal with because it's causing me too many problems & I seem to spend more time on the phone with PayPal than running my business.

So, PayPal, if you are listening you need to keep the format changes off the site until they are fully tested & working without any problems BEFORE you make them live on the website. Kindergarten kids can do a better job than you right now!  Keep this up PayPal...nobody is ever going to recommend using your services. I'm surely not!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.