One organization accepting multiple types of donations

haydentech
Contributor
Contributor

I'm setting up a site for a non-profit.  They accept donations to various funds which they administer.  I can't find any way to distinguish the fund name on the donation page -- no matter what Organization Name/Service is associated with the button, it always just shows the company name on the checkout page, and nothing else.  I can have multiple payment button with different donation IDs, so in theory all the funds would be tracked internally, but it's very disconcerting for the user to not see what fund they are donating to.

In case that's not clear, let me show a ficticious example:

Company name is Acme Relief.

Acme Relief has a Haiti Relief Fund and a South Carolina Relief Fund.

I can make payment buttons for the Haiti Fund and the South Carolina Fund internally, and give them different Organization Name/Service entries.

Customer checks out via one of the buttons, and ONLY sees Acme Relief.

The issue is that these Organization Name/Service entries are NOT shown ANYWHERE to the customer, that I can see.  When they hit their chosen donate button, they see a page that only says: you are donating to Acme Relief.  They have no verficiation of what fund they are donating to.  This is sure to be confusing.

How can I fix this?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

can you set up 2 companies-ACME RELIEF Haiti and Acme Relief Carolina.

PAYPAL is originally set up as person to person payment ,no really geared to fancy footwork 

Login to Me Too

haydentech
Contributor
Contributor

I'

@lancelotme wrote:

can you set up 2 companies-ACME RELIEF Haiti and Acme Relief Carolina.

PAYPAL is originally set up as person to person payment ,no really geared to fancy footwork 

We're really trying to avoid doing this.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your donor see ACME RELIEF on their statement,must they know which-Haiti or North Carolina?

I would think they remember why they donate fund and for what purpose.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Because the PayPal account is opened under one organization name or brand, that will be the name/brand used.  

Let's use the American Red Cross for example.

While creating a donation button, in the Organization/Service field, put "American Red Cross Haiti Disaster Relief Fund". Surely, this description will show up as the item description donors see during checkout and on their receipt but under the American Red Cross brand.  This would better promote your organization's brand as well.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

haydentech
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

Because the PayPal account is opened under one organization name or brand, that will be the name/brand used.  

While creating a donation button, in the Organization/Service field, put "American Red Cross Haiti Disaster Relief Fund". Surely, this description will show up as the item description donors see during checkout and on their receipt but under the American Red Cross brand.  This would better promote your organization's brand as well.

Yes, you would surely think this would happen.  However, it does NOT.  The only text on the entire donation page is the company name.  That's the whole point of my complaint.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@haydentech wrote:

@sharpiemarker wrote:

Yes, you would surely think this would happen.  However, it does NOT.  The only text on the entire donation page is the company name.  That's the whole point of my complaint.

Hmmmm, well that is odd.  Stumped as to why that would be.  So stumped that I was incredulous at first actually. The organization name/service field data don't show up on the donor receipt either?  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.