On HOLD!

anelatri
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a situation here.

My money is on hold, again.

I am aware of PP privacy policy and so on. A PP customer support told me a few months ago that once I earn 10.000$ through pay pal, this ON HOLD  thing will be a past.

Today, I received funds and again they are on hold.

I have earned over 10.000$.

Also, tried to contact support. Spend over 20$ in the past hour, but the only "person" I could get was a recorded mesage. 

Does anyone have the same experience? What to do?

I am not a seller or any, but a freelancer that uses PP to lift money. 

Can you please help me as I am getting desperate here. 

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If there is an option to mark comleted you can use it but your services are still high risk for PayPal as they can easily be disputed.  PayPal will initiate holds to protect it's own business from your risk.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Generally a freelancer sells services.  I assume you paid for freelance jobs.  That makes you a seller of services and you should be receiving funds as goods/services and paying a fee.  This is a high risk business for PayPal as you have no tracking to show delivery and are at high risk of non-receipt disputes.  PayPal will likely maintain large holds to protect it's own business from the risk you are placing on PayPal.  You may get to the point of rolling reserves.  It's all part of the holds policy.

Login to Me Too

anelatri
Contributor
Contributor

So basically, that is it. You work and you get your payments held 30 days. Although I have marked "job" as a Processed?

Is it possible that my client confirms me as a receipt?

It was an option while ago?

Is it still available as I am trying to speed up my transactions? Done everything possible and still no moving forward. 

HELP!

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If there is an option to mark comleted you can use it but your services are still high risk for PayPal as they can easily be disputed.  PayPal will initiate holds to protect it's own business from your risk.

Login to Me Too

anelatri
Contributor
Contributor

So unfair.

I know it is a policy, but not fair at all.

They protect their business while making us wait.

Honestly, I do not see a point of using Pay Pal Anymore. They take their fee immediately while making us wait.

Great system. Thank you Pay Pal. 

Login to Me Too

kfkaiser
Contributor
Contributor

I agree that it is unfair to suddenly start holding payments I receive from my own daughter to pay people who are working for us. Now I have to make them wait to be paid since PayPal suddenly started "holding" my money sent from her. We have been doing this for a long time and her funds are always "good"...so I have no idea why suddenly I can't use the funds she sends me. I was given no warning that this would be happening, so I am stuck until the funds are released. I used to love using PayPal, but now I am wondering....

Login to Me Too

therealari
I've been using PayPal for payment from client since 2009 without dispute. Today my payment is suddenly on hold. I contacted the customer service and got a reply. I did the process checking for the intangible items and I have to wait for days to get a payment from a day or two work??!! Why complicate things? How about if I get a down payment for a project? So I have to wait for days doing nothing before I can receive my down payment and start? What does that make me then for the client? Please PayPal, just quit the shenanigans and release my payment, and don't ever hold my payments ever again! I also see the send to friends and family option is now gone.
Login to Me Too

patsfanpa
Contributor
Contributor
Agree. I will think twice about using eBay or PayPal again. Much easier with Facebook and Letgo/Offerup. They have 4 of my credit cards and bank acct I do on file but they hold money?? Ridiculous they never did this in the past
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.