ON HOLD AGAIN, and again, and again.... WTF? PAYPAL

CHANNEL-ONE

AS THERE ARE LOTS OF POST BUT NO SOLUTIONS I AM POSTING MY STORY IN HOPES OF CREATING A BACKLASH TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE!!!

I have been a user of paypal since it inception in 2002, and a ebay member since 1996.

in the last 2 months, I have had 5 of my payments to sellers, and 7 of 12 payments to me on hold for payment made by paypal.

It has forced me to only accept other forms of payment.

I have NEVER had a problem with any payment history, and have 100% Ebay feed back for nearly 20 years!!!

Paypal has no explaination, They told me it is a computer Algorithm and there is no human decisions,  Really? so now SKYNET has control of paypal??

We have back up sources when paying, why would they hold the money?? The easy explaination is "They are holding it making interest on OUR MONEY" that is why!! Sad Paypal!!!

I have done over 700K with paypal. I am done with them! NO HUMANS with brains or decision making abilities, and there poor outsourced scripted customer service. Any sugestions??

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I can assure you that PayPal is not deliberately holding funds simply to earn interest.  That is a theory I see a lot that simply has no merit.  

As you've been told, there are algorithms in place that for one reason or another are getting triggered.  Is there anything different about how you're paying lately?  Have you moved recently?  Did your interet provider change?  Did your IP address change to something that shows you in a different location?  Are you connected to a VPN by chance?  Have you been traveling recently and logging in to your PayPal account in various locations?  Do you know if maybe a transaction you made on eBay was related to a 3rd party that was flagged for fraud?  For example, maybe somebody made a completely legitimate purchase from you, but shortly after their account got phised and somebody then made a bunch of fraudulant purchases..??  That sort of thing could affect the whole chain of buyers / sellers related to that account in a given period of time.

The point is there are many things that could be causing this.  Try to settle down and consider what could possibly have triggered something.  Any ideas at all about any variables that have changed on your end lately?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

CHANNEL-ONE

Thanks, but the time for sitting by is over for me.

I never post on social media, but I have had enough, and from the looks of this board so have others.

To answer your questions, 

I am methodical, "NOTHING HAS CHANGED" not one thing. IP, price, selling, buying, the answer is no, nothing has changed.

the change is on PAYPAL, and what it is? ...well thats the real question.

I have done 700K+ in transactions, and been here since the inception of Paypal and Ebay... I think that gives me just a liitle Clout and experience.

No prior issues until now, I think the track record speaks for it self 17 years no problems until the last 60 days? now big problems!

FYI: I am not a Conspiracy Whacko, but I worked for AIG and Lehman, they pulled this on-hold tactic serveral times with peoples funds and were caught doing it.

...don't drink the koolaid.

There is a reason this is happening, and it not a good one.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You're right, there is a reason. But it is not this theory about holding money for interest gains. That would actually be against PayPal's interest because it would cause people to spread negative feedback about them. See what I did there? 😉

Did you talk to PayPal MTS about this matter, or did you talk to a general phone rep?
Login to Me Too

CHANNEL-ONE

I have spoken to Supervisors and aclaimed "Highest levels of suport" for paypal. No resolve.

Was promised email replies to my inquires. Rarly ever replied, or just Generic Replies.

Made sure I was talking to a state side person. Never a call or email back.

Again, just so you understand, be here a looong time.

On Ebay I fathered new catagories, made several sugestions that were adopted with rules with Ebay and used to talk to Ebay Staff daily in the mid to late 90's

If there was a rock that was not looked under, it is not on this planet!

This is for your to think on:

Paypal holds your payment of 1000.00

tells you they have no control. Blames it on a "Algorithm" by a computer.

can't give you a reason why?

Never follows up with your even after speaking to Highest Level CSR and Team Leaders?

I have gone the extra, extra mile and have spent countless hours on emails and phones calls.

They have no answers, Skynet will not give them any.

FYI SKYNET=Terminator movies, sorry, just a foolish reference, but it fits.

Hello, any humans in there??

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Ha, yes I understood the reference. I can also understand your frustration but I think you are focusing on the wrong thing. Contact me directly and I may be able to get somebody involved that can help get to the bottom of this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.