Not getting "payment notofication" emails

nagetech0618
Contributor
Contributor

Howdy everyone.

I am having an issue that just started today. Whenever we make a sale, we usually get the PayPal email notification letting me know of that, so that I can see what was ordered and do what I have to do to get the order out to them.

I just realized I had 17 orders, but not one notification email, which makes it a little bit harder for my business to operate.

Is this a known bug or problem? How can I go about fixing it?

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes!  A bunch of folks are including me and PayPal knows about it and supposedly got their engineer team working on the issue and getting the backlog of emails out.  They are trickling in.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

HughPenn
Contributor
Contributor

This is recent, within 7 days! I have not received any payment receipts on my last two purchases.  Another matter, I was flagged as no payments made on a different two purchases, even though the show shipped, and even after I received them! LOL

Login to Me Too

bigvin21
New Community Member

Anyone have alias setup for paypal notifications or use bluehost hosting? They told me that paypal does not allow for email forwarding anymore. I cant receive notifcations on my business domain but added a gmail account to my account and get those fine.

Login to Me Too

tontan
Contributor
Contributor

To mark it as 'Solved' while the engineer team of Paypal is still working on it, and emails are still heavily delayed, seems a little premature...

And I find it rather unprofessional of Paypal that they are not sending out an email to all users to explain that there is an issue and that they are working on it, and tell everyone to log into their accounts to check for received payments. Because some sellers that might not receive payments at a daily basis might not notice that there is a problem.

I was woken up by a phone call of an angry client that was expecting our service, but since we were not aware he had already paid we assumed he had decided not to take our service.
This is not good for our business!

Login to Me Too

Username-i
Contributor
Contributor

*UNMARKED AS SOLVED*

As all my sales are via eBay I have the PAID notification icon to show I have received the payment but I rely on the email receipt as confirmation & correct shipping information so now I need to login to paypal for the info which slows the whole process down quite a bit. I hope theynsolve this sooner than later, bloody frustrating.

Login to Me Too

pateljr
Contributor
Contributor

Why are we not receiving any emails when our customers pay with PayPal and place orders? This used to work fine but last few days, we are not receiving any email or notification about order or payment details from PayPal when our customers place order online and pay with PayPal? This used to work fine so far but  no longer. Is there any outage or is it just our account that is affected? 

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It's an outage, the back logged emails are S L O W L Y trickling in. Smiley Frustrated

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

spectro28

Hi all -- 

I have a person who claims to have initiated a payment, but I have seen no notification of it via email, and there is no evidence of it on my account.

I am concerned that the payer is not being candid with me. 

Is it possible that someone can initiate a payment, and the recipient cannot confirm it? It is a large payment, and the sender claims that the size of the payment is the reason for delayed notification. It's been > 24 hours.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Were you expecting a payment from this person?

Did you sell something to this person?

Does the large payment amount create an international regulatory issue?

A lot of details would be needed.

On the hand, I would ignore future messages form this person unless there was a transasction showing in the PayPal acocunt.

Login to Me Too

spectro28

Thanks -- 

I was expecting a payment from this individual.

It was for a digital asset (think domain name).

Not international.

Payment size was > US$5000, but less than US$6000. 

Would I really have no way to confirm that a payment had been initiated?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.