Not getting "payment notofication" emails

nagetech0618
Contributor
Contributor

Howdy everyone.

I am having an issue that just started today. Whenever we make a sale, we usually get the PayPal email notification letting me know of that, so that I can see what was ordered and do what I have to do to get the order out to them.

I just realized I had 17 orders, but not one notification email, which makes it a little bit harder for my business to operate.

Is this a known bug or problem? How can I go about fixing it?

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

hendy_eshop
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone any other methods to get round these problems they can suggest?

Login to Me Too

paulatthehug
Contributor
Contributor

I can only repeat what I've said before: we use IPNs not notification emails and, in our experience at least, it's been a lot more reliable and also has a less latency: even in normal times we get the IPN several minutes before the email notification.

We're selling digital content so our web server then automatically sends the content to the purchaser without any intervention from us but if you're mailing physical goods then you could instead make your web server mail you when it gets an IPN.

Login to Me Too

sapience
Contributor
Contributor

What they NEED to do is toss this new interface into the trash and start over. They still have Classic View available so they need to activate that full time while they start over building a new interface since they seem to believe they 'need' one.

All they keep doing is putting a bandaid on the current problem/glitch. This is doing nothing to actually fix the problems with the new interface and all it does is create more problems. Initially there was a problem about 1-2 times per month when they rolled this out. NOW it's LITERALLY SEVERAL TIMES EACH WEEK WITH ONE PROBLEM OR ANOTHER!

I experience at least one problem every day with the new interface, from failure errors and having to reload the page, to shipping not working one minute and the next minute it does, to customers not being able to complete purchases because Pay Pal doesn't connect, to my balance not being accurate, no email notifications for ANYTHING!!! Fraud alert not working for my debit card account because I am NOT receiving emails when purchases are made using it, THE LIST IS ENDLESS AND GROWS DAILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONCE AND FOR ALL SCRAP THIS NEW PIECE OF CRAP AND START OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Tricera-Shop wrote:

Well, we're STILL not receiving our emails, other than a few 24hour old ones. We're just waiting for their website to go down now under the extra stress of everyone logging in constantly looking for payments details..?

I'm a software development manager and even I would have been sacked for overseeing a mess like this one! I'm starting to think there's more going on here than just glitchy updates..?

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

Okay- So I sent a direct message to paypal using the "help section" by choosing a topic of payment status because I couldn't find anything else even close to "email notifications for payments" and all I got was  a reply with a bunch of pre-typed malarky on it.  NOW WHAT?  I am not able to figure out when I have orders from my various webisites and ebay without these notifications and I don't like not getting notified when the paypal debit card is used either!  All I got was a few back-logged notifications and then nothing!  Today is the 18th and I haven't gotten anything since the 15 except backlogged notifications when it was supposedly fixed, and then not all of them either!

Login to Me Too

PalmettoFinds
Contributor
Contributor

I have noticed a 12 hour plus delay from Paypal the last few days.  I just received one from an Ebay shipping label I created about 5pm last night.   What is the reason and is their a solution pending?

@paulatthehug wrote:

Since 18:11UTC+1 yesterday we've stopped receiving payment notification emails from Paypal. This has happened occasionally before but only for a few hours (presumably because Paypal's mail servers have go backed up for some reason) and eventually the emails do turn up but it's getting close to 24 hours now and it's never been that long.

Background info:

1. I've checked and the setting on our account does still say we should get notifications
  2. We are still getting emails from everyone except Paypal
  3. We aren't blocking Paypal's mail server IP address
  4. I've checked our mail logs and there's no trace of them being received (and dropped as spam)

We are still getting IPNs via HTTPS so it's not directly affecting our business. It's just unsettling. I have been keeping an eye on this forum but no one else is reporting similar problems so I'm bemused.

Any thoughts anyone? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

paulatthehug
Contributor
Contributor

Did you not follow the link at the bottom of my post which you're quoting there? The bit that says:

Solved! Go to Solution.

Perhaps you should ...

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

How do you "direct email"? Like I explained in my previous post, I sent an email via the help section and it just sent me pre-typed malarky having nothing to do with payment notifications!!!!

Login to Me Too

paulatthehug
Contributor
Contributor

Do you mean "DM"? I interpreted that as meaning Paypal are asking you to DM them at @AskPayPal on Twitter (which is where I asked the question).

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

BTW- Are you getting ALL of your notifications within seconds of your payment coming in or going out?  If so, you are the only one I know if that is...

If so, did you do any special steps or did it just start coming through again?  I don't understand why some are getting them and some aren't?  I've even tried on my laptop, my tablets and different browsers- NADA.

Login to Me Too

jessh81985
Contributor
Contributor
Started getting some new orders but am now not getting any. I'm missing like 10 and I have 10-15 new ones!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.