Not getting "payment notofication" emails

nagetech0618
Contributor
Contributor

Howdy everyone.

I am having an issue that just started today. Whenever we make a sale, we usually get the PayPal email notification letting me know of that, so that I can see what was ordered and do what I have to do to get the order out to them.

I just realized I had 17 orders, but not one notification email, which makes it a little bit harder for my business to operate.

Is this a known bug or problem? How can I go about fixing it?

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

PayPal_Randy

Hello everybody!

Our sincerest apologies for the recent experience with not receiving notifications associated with payments sent to your accounts.

Our engineering teams have advised that they've found the cause of the issue and are currently working on sending out all of the backlogged notifications. 

Apologies for the frustration and confusion this experience has caused. 😞

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Tricera-Shop
Contributor
Contributor

It's good to hear that you are working on this.

However, I received all Sundays notifications this (Monday) morning, but I am still not getting any new payment notifications for today. You've cleared the backlog, but the problem is clearly still there..?

Login to Me Too

paulatthehug
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not really surprised: mail server queues are normally FIFOs. other things being equal. We've been receiving the missing emails as a trickle for a little while now. First Saturday night's but we're now into Sunday's (UTC+1).

So I expect they'll all be along in the end but it'll take a while as they must have a big queue after an outage of around 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

Kat59
Contributor
Contributor

Still NO emails coming through. This is the 3rd full day and this is ridiculous. Are you going to fix this??

Login to Me Too

junkman01
New Community Member

Emails at least 48 hours behind I'm still getting them from Friday & Saturday so I don't think it is fixed. Sold some things tonight no emails. Try again on the fix!!!!!!!!.

Login to Me Too

Rball78
Contributor
Contributor

This bug has apparently still not been fixed. Seems basic - what is up ????

Login to Me Too

jessh81985
Contributor
Contributor

oh thank god I am not the only one freaking out about this!

Is there a solution yet because it's TOTALLY **bleep** up being able to print orders, ESPECIALLY if someone orders multiple items on ebay and pays for each item separately.

PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JessH81985,

You can print your orders manually inside of ebay by going to your summary page and clicking on the order you want to print and then down at the bottom of the page is a list of things to choose from. If you click on "print packing slip", it will print the order out like it does when you print it from your emails.

Paypal doesn't have a timeframe of when the email notification will resume, but the more people call them that are having this issue, the faster they will realize it is a site wide problem and fix it faster.  

Hope this helps.

Camille

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JessH81985,

My previous reply was supposed to say:

You can print your orders manually inside of PAYPAL (In my previous reply, I accidentally put ebay- sorry about that) by going to your paypal summary page and clicking on the order you want to print and then down at the bottom of the page is a list of things to choose from. If you click on "print packing slip", it will print the order out like it does when you print it from your emails.

Login to Me Too

lexwahl

I stopped receiving notifications yesterday. Received several payments, and no emails were sent. Text messages stopped a couple months ago. Email would occasionally hiccup and not be sent, but now they've stopped completely.

What's going on?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.