Not getting "payment notofication" emails

nagetech0618
Contributor
Contributor

Howdy everyone.

I am having an issue that just started today. Whenever we make a sale, we usually get the PayPal email notification letting me know of that, so that I can see what was ordered and do what I have to do to get the order out to them.

I just realized I had 17 orders, but not one notification email, which makes it a little bit harder for my business to operate.

Is this a known bug or problem? How can I go about fixing it?

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

sapience
Contributor
Contributor

I called them yesterday and I was treated like the problem was being caused by everything other than Pay Pal which really ticked me off. I have several websites all of which are hosted differently, so when I am not receiving ANY payment notifications the common denominator IS Pay Pal! Of course, reading that many others are experiencing the same problem supports the fact that it is yet another issue with Pay Pal.

I don't know about the rest of you but in all the years I have used Pay Pal I have never experienced so many problems as I have experienced since they rolled out their new website interface. Now I am literally calling Pay Pal several times EACH WEEK because of one issue or another with their website.

Last week I had several customers who could not connect to Pay Pal to complete their purchases. I thought perhaps it was 'user error' UNTIL "I" had the SAME PROBLEM WHEN I TRIED TO COMPLETE A PURCHASE!!  God only knows how many transactions I lost out on because Pay Pal is having major glitches.

Now the past several days I'm also not receiving payment notification emails either.

And oh yeah, printing shipping labels is a real time sucker as well laterly as most of the time pages load with an error and you have to start all over again.

The list of problems is long and growing by the day. A couple weeks ago they **bleep** with our money by not crediting our balances with payments received.

WTF is going on???? I am considering switching to a different credit card processing company because Pay Pal is so messed up and unreliable. AND when it screws with my customer's ability to complete a purchase that's the proverbial LAST STRAW!!

Login to Me Too

RicGrove
Contributor
Contributor

My payment notification emails also stopped yesterday morning. I haven't had one sisnce but payments are coming through as I can see them in my account. I'm sure I didn't change anything. They just stopped.

Login to Me Too

paulatthehug
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I also asked Paypal about this via @AskPayPal. After 10 hours I finally got this reply:

Thanks for reaching out! We are experiencing a known issue with our emails being sent out. We are working diligently to get it fixed! ^REF

So that at least is confirmation that it is happening and Paypal are aware.

And for those of you who're relying on email for notification of when you're paid can I again recommend relying on IPN instead: it's a lot more secure and it doesn't seem anywhere near as flaky.

Login to Me Too

sapience
Contributor
Contributor

Well, there have been a lot of instances the past several months where ipn hasn't worked either, so I feel that it's important to use both methods of payment notification because Pay Pal seems to be experiencing some sort of bug each day.

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet again another inquiry from a customer who can't complete her purchase!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW MUCH MONEY HAVE I LOST THIS MONTH BECAUSE OF PAY PAL?????????????????????????????????????????

Login to Me Too

paulatthehug
Contributor
Contributor

OK, well, we're taking multiple payments a day for just over a year now and we've not experienced any significant delays with IPN. Ever. But if your experience differs then perhaps it's time to look elsewhere?

Login to Me Too

sapience
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, well I AM looking elsewhere. I've been dealing with Pay Pal for a **bleep** of a lot longer than the 1 year you have and it's gone downhill the past year! There are constant problems. I used to have to call Pay Pal perhaps once per year or less because of issues NOW I have to call several times PER WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@paulatthehug wrote:

OK, well, we're taking multiple payments a day for just over a year now and we've not experienced any significant delays with IPN. Ever. But if your experience differs then perhaps it's time to look elsewhere?

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

Also not receiing payment emails like the rest of you.  But also, I have it set up to where I receive emails when I use my paypal debit card to pay for anything and am not receiving those emails either. So, in other words, not receiving any Paypal notifications regarding payments coming in or going out since Saturday morning, October 15th, 2016

Login to Me Too

nikkinotes
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat. No emails since yesterday. No text notifications since August 😞

Login to Me Too

mealworms2go
Contributor
Contributor

Just spoke to paypal and they assured me that they are aware of the situation and and are working on getting it fixed as soon as they can.  If you have this problem goin on, don't just wait for paypal to fix it.  Give them a call to let them know you have a situation. The more details they have, the better and sooner they can fix itl She explained to me that they only found out about it today even though customers are telling them it has been going on for 2 days.  So, calling paypal to report the problem is important.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You know what, I also did not get email confirmation for payments received since yesterday and I just went to the store a few hours earlier and used my debit card and didn't get that either.  And those emails be on the dot too!  Not only that, now my domestic button link payments are supposed to be pending for me until I claim it because they do not include shipping address but they just come on through as completed and I can't accept or deny the payments. I emailed and they replied and they said they were confirmed address payments so they come on through as completed. I guess I should have said shipping addresses.  Whatever.  I am trying to be understanding because I know their site is in transition but gosh, hire some more coders already! lol

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.