Not getting "payment notofication" emails

nagetech0618
Contributor
Contributor

Howdy everyone.

I am having an issue that just started today. Whenever we make a sale, we usually get the PayPal email notification letting me know of that, so that I can see what was ordered and do what I have to do to get the order out to them.

I just realized I had 17 orders, but not one notification email, which makes it a little bit harder for my business to operate.

Is this a known bug or problem? How can I go about fixing it?

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is a huge sum of money for a service item with probably lack of protection.  My suspicious would issues with the payment.  IF successful, you would see the transaction on your PayPal activities page.

For this amount of money it would seem product to phone PayPal customer service to investigate and also to make sure you are not conducting business in conflict of PayPal security policies.

For this amount of money, wire transfer or Western Union might be a better option for your own security.

Login to Me Too

NPLer
Contributor
Contributor

We've been having this problem since 9/18/2016. I've called PayPal three times (10/3, 10/8, and 11/9). Each time PayPal indicated it was an isolated problem they were aware of and working on, and that they would add me to the list of those with the problem. The last time I called I asked to speak to somebody on their technical staff working on the issue, but they refuse to let anyone speak to the technical people, even though I might be able to help. It was at this point I pointed out PayPal wasn't taking this problem seriously after over seven weeks and no resolution. I added that either PayPal has no interest in customers with problems such as this one, or their technical staff is incompetent.

Is there a way to elevate this problem or add pressure to get this problem fixed?

Login to Me Too

CoachHouser
New Community Member

I'm not getting notifications. So I'm reminding customers to pay me, and they say they already have. When I log in to PayPal, sure enough, they have! And it just happened again! HELP!

Login to Me Too

RonBlizz
Contributor
Contributor

This just started happening to me on 11/12. Two orders came in within minutes of each other. The first one got the normal payment notification email -- the second one didn't. Since that time I haven't gotten a single payment notification email. (Not that I've had a lot of payments like some folks here.) This is definitely NOT something I did and I've checked the SPAM folder several times. The emails simply aren't being sent to my email address. 

Okay -- a possible fix (at least it seemed to work for me). I went to my Settings, Notifications, toggled Text instead of HTML Notifications, then toggled back to HTML. Next sale after that I got payment notification email again. Worth a try at least.

Login to Me Too

RonBlizz
Contributor
Contributor

Well, my issue was fixed for a few days (by toggling HTML to TEXT and back) -- then (after about a week) I started getting intermittent notification emails -- now they're gone completely again. Someone at PayPal really, REALLY needs to look into this.

Login to Me Too

envision

if you are sending invoices through the lasted app version 3.0.0, you will not get notifications. iF you use a device that still uses the 2.8 version, it still works fine. 

Login to Me Too

pandppc
Contributor
Contributor

As of today I am no longer getting email confirmation of PayPal transactions. I changed nothing in my account settings or email. I get an email from ebay, but nothing from paypal. I make multiple purchases daily and have never had this situation before.

Login to Me Too

shijimi
New Community Member

Sometimes I don't get a notification of a payment. The payment emails are a part of my tracking process and if I can't dpeend on receiving emails for every transaction it affects my system.

What's the deal? We are expected to do everything perfectly for our account, why is it that PayPal can have problems they don't fix and it is ok? This has happened for years now, so obviously PayPal isn't doing anything to fix the problem, but we are the ones who have to tow the line and take the hits if there is any customer issue, but PayPal doen't have to do their part?

Look at all of the posts for this one subject in the community. Obvoisly PayPal isn't taking the problem seriously if they haven't fixed it in years.

Login to Me Too

pandppc
Contributor
Contributor

I received  the confirmation emails 16 hours later. I don't know why there was such a big delay. I had been so concerned because earlier that day, someone had hacked into one of my accounts that was connected to paypal.

Login to Me Too

Davidwzj98
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here.I guess I wiill just have to check at Ebay or log in here to find out if paid.Not a big deal,but wish paypal would send notification of payment to my registered email address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.