No option to add tracking details

Basically, I sold someone an item and got an email from paypal saying that the payment would be released when i added a tracking number, but i can't find any option to add tracking.

everyone is saying to open the payment, click details, and add it. but there is no "details" to click! nor is there an "all tools" to open and edit those settings.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This was a scam; there was no PayPal payment.  PayPal does NOT require tracking in order to release funds; that statement is enough to know that it was a scam.

If you shipped something, you could try to intercept it as there will be no money.

Before shipping any item, you need to NOT rely on strange emails which, in your case, was obviously not from PayPal; rather, go to your PayPal account on your computer and look for the transaction.  Transaction details will let you know what to do.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This was a scam; there was no PayPal payment.  PayPal does NOT require tracking in order to release funds; that statement is enough to know that it was a scam.

If you shipped something, you could try to intercept it as there will be no money.

Before shipping any item, you need to NOT rely on strange emails which, in your case, was obviously not from PayPal; rather, go to your PayPal account on your computer and look for the transaction.  Transaction details will let you know what to do.

Login to Me Too

aye thanks for that

while looking for solutions online i found some folks who'd been scammed by the same thing. sigh. teach me to accept people who won't buy through ebay that's for sure.

good job i didn't send it.

thanks

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Glad you didn't ship.  At least you were smart enough to ask questions first.

If you follow the posts long enough here you'll find so many gullible new sellers which ask for help after it's too late.

You can learn a lot by following posts here.  The Protections group is a good place to start.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.