New Packing Slip

tradbuy07
New Community Member

What is wrong with you people at Paypal? You took a prefectly good shipping label purchase form and created a <removed>. So we used the shipping labels on Ebay, which were the same as the old Paypal label page. The only thing Paypal had that was any good was the packing slip. Very nice, clear, concise.... but some idiot at Paypal had a "better idea" and came up with a new "woosie", limp, amatuer packing slip. Didn't anyone ever teach you, "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!"

Login to Me Too
117 REPLIES 117

u30cg
Contributor
Contributor

It's bass ackwards too.  I want to see the item first, transaction number is fine where it is, THEN the quantity.  I hate reading the page right to left. 

Just stupid.  Obviously the form designers are not end users.

Login to Me Too

scooterb4
Contributor
Contributor

That's right - It's quite obvious the designers are not English speaking or familiar with the whole sale & shipping process. 

Very frustrating to be paying PP thousands of dollars and to get this shabby service. And then - no attention to our complaints when really the fixing would be simpler than my last post. 

Really PP - is this the best you can do for your paying merchants ?

Login to Me Too

scooterb4
Contributor
Contributor

My guess is they think they fixed the problem. We still have serious issues here.

1. There is no longer a 'return to log' button. The 'log' being a long list of payments received through your paypal account from which you graciously gave PP 3% of the total including 3% of tax and shipping collected. But, I digress. 

The 'return to log' button used to exist as a one click way to return to the list of sales that needed shipping. Now that it is gone we have to click and load 3 pages to get back to the log after one label or packing slip is printed. If youhave 20 sales... good for you but that 60 unneccessary pages you have to wait to load as you try to get your work done. Bummer Paypal. I wish somebody with some authority at PP would just try to fill orders with theis new system. 

Oh and the packing slip we fought so hard to get the sale details back on --- yeah it's still aweful. 

By definition a packing slip is a detailed listing of everything in the shipment. 

Most likely the packing slip is going to be put on a clip board and used to ensure the right stuff goes to the right customer.

BUT - the small 7.5 pt type starts so close to the top of the page that when you put the new packing slip in a clip board the clip covers the customers name and address !? And the silly part is the bottom half of the page is blank. Really people ???? Is this the best you can do? Because it is woefully incompetent.

If I could fire you - I would.

Please kudo this post or better yet Post "diddo" if you agree.

Have a nice day and persist.

Login to Me Too

pedalpython
Contributor
Contributor
Another new problem... Check your slips for this one.... The "ship from" information now contains my HOME PHONE NUMBER , instead of my business number or your mobile number which may be selected as your primary. Why would I want someone calling my home phone? This happened today. Someone left a message about an order on my home phone answering machine and I was like "WHAT??" So I was forced to remove my home phone number from all contact information on the account. Why in gods name would I want someone calling my home phone especially from the packing slip? Please, PayPal, for Christ's sake just returned to the old format so we can all move right along Forward and continue business as usual. There's no logical reason to **bleep** up a perfectly good packing list and make our lives more difficult and make us take extra time ever out of our day coming back on these forums trying to get you guys to hopefully listen and understand what the **bleep** we're talking about. This is the worst level of customer service I've ever seen from a billion-dollar company.
Login to Me Too

componentman
Contributor
Contributor

Bump... until resolved. 

Login to Me Too

scooterb4
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe we need to call in and ask if they can read this ???

Login to Me Too

componentman
Contributor
Contributor

Don't they respond to other threads here? 

Login to Me Too

pedalpython
Contributor
Contributor
Obviously, they don't want to touch this topic with a 10 foot pole. Apparently changing the format of HTML on a packing list is NASA level engineering.
Login to Me Too

Kbill
Contributor
Contributor

Agree this is a big issue.  I hadn't used packing slips for while, now using with a new product line and the details necessary to make and ship product aren't on the packing slip.  I get different detail pages from the activity page, so most of time info isn't there either.  I need to open the order email to see all information.  Takes many steps just to complete a simple order. 

Login to Me Too

dawneyes
Contributor
Contributor

This new PS is really a POS! What once printed on one page is now taking two or three. I had an order that should fit on two, three pages MAX, and it took SIX!! I reduced the scale to 50% which took it to FOUR, but the tiny print is difficult to work from and the order of the columns is all wrong and the item column width is so small that it takes SIX PAGES to print a $33 order (I sell small samples between $.50 & $1, so an all sample order at $33 can be over 60 items). Seriously PP, SIX PAGES FOR $33?? 

PLEASE LET US HAVE THE OLD ONES BACK!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.