New Packing Slip

tradbuy07
New Community Member

What is wrong with you people at Paypal? You took a prefectly good shipping label purchase form and created a <removed>. So we used the shipping labels on Ebay, which were the same as the old Paypal label page. The only thing Paypal had that was any good was the packing slip. Very nice, clear, concise.... but some idiot at Paypal had a "better idea" and came up with a new "woosie", limp, amatuer packing slip. Didn't anyone ever teach you, "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!"

Login to Me Too
117 REPLIES 117

scooterb4
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going to call today - I can't believe the designer could be so clueless about the real function of the packing slip as to delete the purchase details !? 

A 5th grader could have done better. Please give us daily users the option of using the old form.

PS

I ship 3000 pkg with PP each year. This is design is unacceptable and I will find another solution if the present situation is not remedied. 

Login to Me Too

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully it's still a work in progress. I noticed the first day of the change it had my primary email address listed under Ship from:

Then it was printing a secondary email address instead, however the slips I printed last night were back to using the primary email address.

Login to Me Too

Sparrow18
Contributor
Contributor

1. PayPal Logo gone from left hand corner - I want my customers to know "how" they paid.

2. Business Logo can barely be seen. (Had to redesign our logo)

3. Font size is 7.5 and can barely be seen. Customers need to "see" a receipt/packing slip. Font size should be 10, at bare minimum.

4. Font type is horrible. All business documents should be Arial or Times New Roman, for clarity.

5. Quantity ordered from PayPal dropdown button and actual variations of dropdown are gone.

a) Shows only the name of the item, but not the multipack number ordered or variety. 

b) If a customer orders 5 pieces, it needs to show "5", under quantity. If a customer orders 10 pieces, it needs to show "10", under quantity.

c) Quantity currently shows only 1, no matter how many pieces are ordered.

d) How does the customer know the quantity they ordered?

e) Most customers order a quantity of at least 2, some over 100.

f) Guaranteed, this is going to cause requests for refunds and chargebacks. I rarely sell only one item.

6. What's the purpose of using only 1/3 sheet of paper? Horrible design.

7. Get rid of the scissors and the "cut along the dotted line" idiocy.

8. Add a message option, looks like crap and cuts words in half and the return. Instead of seeing:

"Thank you for ordering from xxxxxx xxxxxx! Please feel free to contact us at: support@xxxxxx-xxxxxxx xxx, for question or concerns, you may have. Please visit us anytime: www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx and www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx."

it shows like this: 

"Thank you for ordering from xxxxxx xxxxxx! Please feel free to contact us at: support@xxxxxx-xxxxxxx xxx, for question or concerns, you may have. Please visit us anytime: www.xxxxxxxxxx (cuts off with no rhyme or reason, in the middle of a word)

xxxxxxxx xxx and www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx."

9. USE the full page.

10. Design looks like crap and completely unprofessional. 

Since Google and Firefox have no option to change the view, I tried it in IE and at least there, the printer setting can be changed to Landscape, so the customers can actually see the slip. PayPal is using a 7.5 size font, which is ludicrously small. And to top it all off, the ridiculous scissors framing the "cut here" line is unprofessional and cheap looking. I also do not like the idea, they removed the PayPal logo. I want my customers to know "how" they paid. Had to redesign my own logo, as well, so it is visible.

Solution, use IE, change your printer setting to Landscape, from Portrait. You can also change the font to Arial, which I am using here, which is much more professional looking than what they are using on the entire website. 

Solution #2: Use IE, save as .pdf file, edit (if you use Adobe) delete stupid scissor line, center your custom text, at the end of the slip and voila, you have a better, but still unprofessional looking packing slip.

Been using PayPal 10+ years and this is the first time, they get a 1 out of 10 for the most horrible idea they've ever come up with.

Whichever team came up with this new style, should be sent back to wherever they came from and far away from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

u30cg
Contributor
Contributor

AWESOME rant!  And all of it 100% spot on!  Call them and read it!  Great job!

@Sparrow18 wrote:

1. PayPal Logo gone from left hand corner - I want my customers to know "how" they paid.

3. Font size is 7.5 and can barely be seen. Customers need to "see" a receipt/packing slip. Font size should be 10, at bare minimum.

4. Font type is horrible. All business documents should be Arial or Times New Roman, for clarity.

5. Quantity ordered from PayPal dropdown button and actual variations of dropdown are gone.

a) Shows only the name of the item, but not the multipack number ordered or variety. 

b) If a customer orders 5 pieces, it needs to show "5", under quantity. If a customer orders 10 pieces, it needs to show "10", under quantity.

f) Guaranteed, this is going to cause requests for refunds and chargebacks. I rarely sell only one item.

8. Add a message option, looks like crap and cuts words in half and the return. Instead of seeing:

"Thank you for ordering from xxxxxx xxxxxx! Please feel free to contact us at: support@xxxxxx-xxxxxxx xxx, for question or concerns, you may have. Please visit us anytime: www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx and www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx."

it shows like this: 

"Thank you for ordering from xxxxxx xxxxxx! Please feel free to contact us at: support@xxxxxx-xxxxxxx xxx, for question or concerns, you may have. Please visit us anytime: www.xxxxxxxxxx (cuts off with no rhyme or reason, in the middle of a word)

9. USE the full page.

Since Google and Firefox have no option to change the view, I tried it in IE and at least there, the printer setting can be changed to Landscape, so the customers can actually see the slip. PayPal is using a 7.5 size font, which is ludicrously small. And to top it all off, the ridiculous scissors framing the "cut here" line is unprofessional and cheap looking. I also do not like the idea, they removed the PayPal logo. I want my customers to know "how" they paid. Had to redesign my own logo, as well, so it is visible.

Solution, use IE, change your printer setting to Landscape, from Portrait. You can also change the font to Arial, which I am using here, which is much more professional looking than what they are using on the entire website. 

Solution #2: Use IE, save as .pdf file, edit (if you use Adobe) delete stupid scissor line, center your custom text, at the end of the slip and voila, you have a better, but still unprofessional looking packing slip.

Been using PayPal 10+ years and this is the first time, they get a 1 out of 10 for the most horrible idea they've ever come up with.

Whichever team came up with this new style, should be sent back to wherever they came from and far away from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

pedalpython
Contributor
Contributor
Looks like we need to raise some **bleep**. Tweet your frustration at @AskPayPal everyone. Check out PayPal Support (@AskPayPal): https://twitter.com/AskPayPal?s=09
Login to Me Too

scooterb4
Contributor
Contributor

Sparrow and others Call PP business.  I did. 

I was told this is a known issue now. No work around available.

Only suggestion was to right click & print the transaction detail page then cut off the bottom where it says fees paid to pp etc.

My acct. was added to the work log as an example that needed fixing. 

It was also suggested to me that Google Chrome was to blame . With the tech online, I logged in with IE and found the same issue.

This information also added to the repair log.

EVERYBODY POSTING HERE NEEDS TO CALL

That is the only way they will know the sevcerity of the problem

Login to Me Too

Sparrow18
Contributor
Contributor

@scooterb4 wrote:

Sparrow and others Call PP business.  I did. 

I was told this is a known issue now. No work around available.

Only suggestion was to right click & print the transaction detail page then cut off the bottom where it says fees paid to pp etc.

My acct. was added to the work log as an example that needed fixing. 

It was also suggested to me that Google Chrome was to blame . With the tech online, I logged in with IE and found the same issue.

This information also added to the repair log.

EVERYBODY POSTING HERE NEEDS TO CALL

That is the only way they will know the sevcerity of the problem

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with tech support, yesterday. It is NOT a problem, according to PayPal, but the "new" packing slip, that is part and parcel of the overall updates, PayPal has been implementing, over the past several months. All tech can do is forward the complaints to "upper management". The techie tried different browser settings and formats and agreed, the design is atrocious.

I called PayPal, to complain.

I emailed PayPal, to complain.

I submitted site feedback, to complain.

I posted in the forum here, to complain.

Bottom line: I am spending 15+ minutes editing each packing slip, in Adobe, changing font size, type, layout, entering quantity and style, inserting a better logo, on EACH order. I refuse to send these unprofessional packing slips to my customers and would rather lose 15 minutes on each order, to make it look professional and give my customers, the respect they deserve. Not send them some Micky-Mouse packing slip, designed by some clueless human.

Login to Me Too

Sparrow18
Contributor
Contributor

@Sparrow18 wrote:

it shows like this: 

9. USE the full page.

In addition to the above items, currently missing, on the "New" crap packing list, the Seller's ID is no longer visible, on the packing slip!

My PayPal account is associated with, different selling accounts, on different platforms, each one with it's own UNIQUE name.

Now buyer's won't even have a clue as to whom they purchased from. 

Come on PayPal WAKE UP!!

Login to Me Too

dugfreez
Contributor
Contributor

Things just went from bad to worse for me...now when I go to print the new craptastic packing slip my printer just spits out a blank piece of paper.

If I try to print the page directly through the browser it comes up with a printing error before spitting out the blank page.

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

scooterb4
Contributor
Contributor

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse !?  Paypal is a money grabbing joke.

How can they not acknowledge and fix this ? MY guess is the $ is still rolling in.

Their IT department is probably farmed out to some little hut in Indonesia.

Maybe if we start discussing alternatives...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.