New Packing Slip

tradbuy07
New Community Member

What is wrong with you people at Paypal? You took a prefectly good shipping label purchase form and created a <removed>. So we used the shipping labels on Ebay, which were the same as the old Paypal label page. The only thing Paypal had that was any good was the packing slip. Very nice, clear, concise.... but some idiot at Paypal had a "better idea" and came up with a new "woosie", limp, amatuer packing slip. Didn't anyone ever teach you, "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!"

Login to Me Too
117 REPLIES 117

Pye
Contributor
Contributor
The new PS SUCKS - TOTALLY

And whose brilliant idea was it to remove the seller & buyer's eBay ID?
Login to Me Too

componentman
Contributor
Contributor

Bumping until this hot mess is fixed. 

Login to Me Too

scooterb4
Contributor
Contributor

Just awful - Less info is not always better.

We use drop down menu in our paypal buttons. IF this is the only packing slip avaialable please offer a receipt so we can print the details of the sale like options for color, size, add-ons, etc, etc!

Come one people - THINK!

Whoever approves these type changes needs replacing.

Login to Me Too

scooterb4
Contributor
Contributor

The hacked up new packing slip (akin a resturant recept that says Food $15.95) is one of several bad ideas recently implemented.

We lost the ship another option in transaction details and PP lost postal sales 

We lost return to log in shipping details and tranaction details  = we lost time reloading summary page and payment page.

we lost shipping option when sending tracking email ' in progress' or 'on hold'  (shock) really? It's on hold or in progress so now I'll never need to ship !?

Who the heck is approving this garbage 

Login to Me Too

dugfreez
Contributor
Contributor

I am so glad to see I am not the only one that sees that PayPal is constantly making changes just for the sake of doing it. I can think of many things that these changes break and can not think of ONE change that has been an improvement. To fill an order now takes twice as much mouse clicking and typing than what it did a couple of years ago. PayPal used to remember packing slips were printed with my inkjet printer and my shipping labels were printed with my lable printer...now I have to constantly select the right printer each print job. The old shipping screen used to remember the information fields and I wouldn't have to TYPE them in each time. I could click and choose what I had already filled in previously. The new shipping screen I have to click the field and TYPE each field in each time. Yes, I use the same box size each transaction....why do I now have to type those same dimentions in each time when before I could click and it was auto filled in?

Anyway...as for the folks saying they like the old "clunky" packing slip over the new "slick" one...I just don't see anything new, slick or improved about the new one. I first had to tinker with the printer options to even get the new "stupid wide" packing slip page to fit on the printed page (originally I was only getting the left side to print out). I got it all to fit on one page and then it was the tiny, tiny text that everyone is seeing.

...and as others have said, the new packing slip doesn't show the item details that I need on the packing slip (just as the main page details don't). It very much defeats the purpose of having a packing slip if it doesn't show you what to pack. What seems even stranger to me is that the item buttons I have that have a selectable options WITHOUT a price in the drop down DO show the details on the packing slip....while the items that have a button that have a drop down option AND price DO NOT show what the option that was purchased on the packing slip.

I opened a ticket at paypal.com/mts and they said it wasn't there problem and told me to call customer service. I did call them and the rep seemed confused by the issue, but then he put me on hold to look into something and then he returned and said it was being addressed and it was a known issue. He followed up with a "believe me, you are not the only one that has reported this issue" insinuating that many people had reported it. He then explained that they knew the item details not being listed on the packing slip was a mistake and defeated the purpose of having a packing slip at all. So hopefully things will get corrected soon.

More people reporting this and complaining about this can only speed up the process of getting it fixed.

Login to Me Too

PamelaMcL
Contributor
Contributor
  • The new one simply doesn't work and the old one was SO nice.  It is clear that whoever created this new one never tried to print it out....typical.

when will it get fixed????

Login to Me Too

scooterb4
Contributor
Contributor

My objection is mainly about the lack of content. The old form had all the critically needed information my packing team needed to fill the order. THis information was given to us at the time of purchase using paypal buttons with drop down menus . Using these menues the customers selected size, color, voltage, battery type, etc, etc!

Previously all of the above information printed out on the packing slip which was very useful beacuse it is a PACKING SLIP !!!!!

AND packing slips should contain detailed information about the order that they acompanying ....  Gee -WIZ paypal, wake up  paypal!

SO just for fun I google "what is a packing slip" so we can see if maybe we are wrong in our expectations... I get this:

A packing list is a document that includes details about the contents of a package. The packing list is intended to let transport agencies, government authorities, and customers know the contents of the package. These details help each of these parties

I think we can all agree the current document does not do this. 

Login to Me Too

lbso
Contributor
Contributor

The only problem we had with the old packing slips was we give a 5% cart-wide discount on checkout and the old packing slip did not print the discount but there were no customer complaints so we just left it as is.

However, this new packing slip is really not useful at all. (I haven't looked in to updating  form code so maybe that has to be done to correct any of these issue).

Off hand these are the problems I have encountered aside from the font size.

It does not print the color options. I have 16 color options and print the packign slips in advance to fill the orders.

Item Number says n/a (this maybe a button issue)

The logo size seems to reduce too much making it disproportional to the rest of the packing slip.

It does not show the 5% discount.

Last night I able to print a "Transaction Detail" page. I could have sworn I printed them while viewing the packing slip page but the link is not live or present. If any one know where to print the transaction detail can they post it for me, thanks.

As an fyi, The Transaction Detail showed all the information you'd expect to see on a packing slip (even the 5% discount) except the sellers address/info. A small fix I would imagine. It even indicated whether it was a mobile payment or not.

My guess is they were still working on the packing slip last night and enabled the Transaction Details temporarily.

Login to Me Too

brainmetric
Contributor
Contributor

The old form was perfect; the new one is too wide and the font too small.

Login to Me Too

u30cg
Contributor
Contributor
Everyone needs to call PayPal and complain. They're starting to become aware of the issue. The more complaint tickets get opened the better the chance of getting the old form back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.