New Multi-Order Shipping OMFG!!!

madkiwi
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone who depends on MOS needs to call PP today. The "New enhanced" MOS is fatally flawed for me- it has no provision to import from CSV files. I ship stuff that is sold on my website and paid for with PP, not a problem with that. But I also sell stuff that people mail payments for, and also subscriptions need to be mailed (PP has never treated subscription payments as needing to generate shipping labels).

I obviously can hit the button that says "use the classic view" for now, but we know that is going away eventually.

Why is it that PP is so bad with this crap? I noticed months ago that with the new dashboard there is no way to purchase shipping for sales transactions, all you can do is refund or archive, you have to go to the classic view of activity to see the shipping option and they have not fixed it yet!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

madkiwi
Contributor
Contributor

I called PP this morning after posting. I was told that the omission of the import function was deliberate, not an oversight. Apparently they have decided to only allow their customers to use Paypal Shipping for sales completed through Paypal.

I told the CS person that the convenience of being able to organize and ship ALL my orders through Paypal Shipping was an important feature that makes my business possible. If I have to open an account at Shipping Easy or Endicia then not only will I incur additional expenses (Endicia is $10 a month just for the service) but I would end up needing to do my shipping with 2 different services, adding to my time commitment and overhead.

If you use Paypal for all your shipping, and upload batches of labels, your life will be far more complicated if this change goes through. Please, call them and add your voice to the complaint list.

Mark

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.