NO "LEGAL COMPANY NAME" FOR BUSSINESS ACCOUNT

denyzel
Contributor
Contributor
Ok, so I've looked for days for this question everywhere here and other forums an so far I've found no CLEAR answer whatsoever for this, hoping someone has a super clear answer to this!! QUESTION! CAN I USE MY LEGAL NAME AS A "LEGAL COMPANY NAME" IF I HAVE NO REGISTERED COMPANY.. ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF CAN I CHANGE THAT IN THE INVOCES? (I DON'T WANT MY LEGAL NAME SHOWING UP IN MY NEW ONLINE STORES); CAN I USE MY PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT FOR THAT (TEMPORARILY OF COURSE JUST TO GET STARTED)   Details : I'm starting a small online business! I've got everything ready except, the PAYMENT METHOD! I'm clear that I need a Bussiness account to make transactions, but the problem is..;"legal bussiness name" requirement ...from what I've research everywhere I find answers such as... "use your name if don't have a legal registered company", other say : use the company name and then try to register the company as "Legal" as soon as company starts making profit in case Paypal ask por paper work!. I'm very confused of all answers I've heard because they aren't clear.. I'm also worried about the fact that I as well don't have a bussiness bank account/card.. So if I do get a bussiness account the my name on the bank will not match the "bussiness name". I'm starting out a business here, but I need to start seeing profits to move on into all the legal stuff, and bussiness bank account etc.... I could use my legal name as the "Legal Company Name" as I've heard, but I also don't want my full name to be display on the invoces as a "company" just because I'm using my personal checking account and can't get it to match. I just want to make things right without getting stuck, because of what I've seen here and heard about Paypal horror stories.. I don't want to get stuck with a hold account or being unable to have my personal bank account approved just because I decide to use "my company name" which I really want to but I can't use because is not registered.. I'm a bit desperate right now I want to open my online store NOW but this is stopping me and I don't want to make it worst if I don't do the things right with Paypal.. Any clear help! Will be extremely helpful!! btw, I've ask this before in other places and I received just "suggestions on trying to do the bussiness bank account and legal company in the future! of course I AGREE with that tooo! I'm not against this but I need a few profits from my new store to make sure this is going to work-out "as a business" worth all the legal paper work.. I don't plan to stay with the personal bank account for long if I start making profits.. but at the moment I have no option. Just help me out here, with a clear step for this situation.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your business has a name?  What is it?

What is the business name you use for the IRS 1040C form?

What is the busienss name you use for collecting your state sales tax?

That's the name you use.

What type of business:  corporation, LLP, LLC, or sole propriortorship?

For a simple priprietorship your personal name can be used for your business name.

If you use your personal name as your legal business name for  a sole proprietorship you can go to your state web site and create a "doing business as"  name (a fictitious name) for your business name.  Then you use that name for identification.  That's the way I work.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.