My move to Amazon, and my second chance to eBay/PayPal

bugzlooney
Contributor
Contributor

I moved ot Amazon years ago and have had an amazing selller experience there. The fees are slightly higher, but what you get is your payments on time 100% of the time. No hassle whatsoever. The customer service is excellent.

I have decided to come back and give Ebay/PayPal a chance. So far, I am already reading and seeing signs of incompetence and fraud. I will sell a little on here, but will sell more an Amazon, since the risk of having your account forzen for no reason at all is very real here at PayPal. 

Get it together PayPal.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bugzlooney

To be honest as this is not ''paypal'' but a user to user help forum, no one on here I suspect really cares where you sell.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bugzlooney
Contributor
Contributor

Plenty of people care. Which is why it has 18 views.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bugzlooney

Not quite how it works, but if that makes you happy then whatever.

Seems very odd that you were soooo happy with Amazon that you returned to Ebay / paypal.     Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bugzlooney
Contributor
Contributor

Diversification.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

AMZN fee is  higher if you take into consideration the fee it charges if you dont have a pro merchant account,it deposits your proceeds into your bank once a month,you can ask for faster transfer but limited to how many times you can do so.

There is no discount for top rated sellers and no Ebay bucks if you buy,AMZN treats its sellers much harsher than Ebay.

Without a pro merchant account,you can only sell what is already listed on AMZN,with ISBN number,or manufacturing serial number.

Certain caetgories,the last I looked into it,are considered guarded categories-electronics,toys and jewelry,you need t o be approved to sell in those  categories.

After much complaint from those who have promerchant account,they are allowed t o sell a few in their own shop,but comes holiday shopping,they are not given much visibility.

such is life with e commerce,all the venues have their way to treat some better than others.  

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is also one complaint from third party sellers on AMZN,when they found a new product which sells well,and enjoy a markup as most retailers expect,AMZN will move in and order large quantity of the same product and sell them for lower price,competing with its sellers.

This is something you dont find with other venues.

I shop on AMZN,I have a prime membership,but not all products will sell on AMZN,such as vintage and antique collectibles   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.