My buyer didn't return the merchandise and still won a refund

mamabears
Contributor
Contributor

I sold something marked final sale on ebay. The buyer paid and I shipped. She asked for a refund and i said no.

I received an email that she opened a dispute through paypal and her credit card company. Paypal did not ask me for any info or my side of the story.

I contacted her and asked her to return the shoes (several times) but obviously she didn't respond. Til this day I have not received my merchandise back.

The funds were put on "hold" on my paypal account then few weeks later i was notified that she won the dispute and the funds were gone.

Can someone explain to me how a buyer can get rewarded a full refund (value of $335) and get to keep the merchandise?

Why isn't this case protected under seller protection but she was rewarded by buyer protection?

Paypal didnt ask me for anything nor have they tried to help me out. All I get is automated email responses. The person on the phone said that they will appeal but now they say they cant because she won thru her credit card company. If that is the case why didnt her credit card company credit instead of me?

This tells me that I can go to ebay and buy something I cannot afford. After I receive the merchandise I can file a dispute and get a full refund and keep the merchandise as well.

So everyone, go ahead and do that too because you will be awarded the amount by buyer protection.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

She goes to her credit card to file a chargeback,since Paypal is the holder of the merchant account,Paypal is notified.

Paypal should notify you and ask y ou to present your side of the story and passes on to her cc issuer to decide.

It looks like PAYPAL neglects to do so,or rather Paypal bot fails to do so,did you check your spam folder?

This is one disadvantage of no having your own merchant account as your bank which issues you the account will do a better job and relay backto you what she said to her cc issuer,and let them know you want your shoes back.

were you hit with a $20 chargeback fee?

since this is Ebay transaction,report her to ebay ,use the feature on the listing,too many chargebacks like this,she would be restricted tobuy on Ebay.

Paypal has many glitches,I cant find some of the disputes in my account,others have different problems.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If this were an Ebay dispute,and she claimed item not as described and win,as your policy is no return,which means you dont want it back,so she does not have to return the item.

It could be her cc issuer acts the same,she could have told them your no return policy = no need to return the item.

you may want to consider allowing return .

Login to Me Too

mamabears
Contributor
Contributor
I did call ebay but they said they couldnt do anything about it bc the dispute was settled thru paypal not ebay.
Login to Me Too

Kristy2
Contributor
Contributor
Yep!! I'm out $420, thanks pp
Login to Me Too

mamabears
Contributor
Contributor
You too?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.